Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 10:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,214,257 times

Advertisements

Been awhile since I've been in Vegas. I can't remember the radio stations or what they play or don't play.

Is Americana or alt-country popular on any of the radio stations? Alt-country is NOT country, but alternative country...like Jayhawks, etc. Also includes some of the outlaw country like Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, etc.

Americana....stuff like Old Crow Medicine Show:

YouTube - ‪Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel [Official Music Video]‬‏

Is there much of any airplay or venues for music like that around Vegas? (I can't recall it being much there, but you guys being there would certainly know better).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 11:07 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,246,087 times
Not one iota as far as radio is concerned. We don't even have an indie rock station, let alone a community radio station that might lend an hour or two to alt-country programming (but oh how I miss KUNV from its heyday...they would have certainly)

All of our music venues, from the smaller ones that flank fremont street and the surrounding area and up to the House of Blues might feature acts like Heartless Bastards and the like...but from what I see there isn't an appreciable local interest or scene surrounding the genre. On a contradictory note, it's interesting that one of our most celebrated local bands, The Clydesdale, is an alt-country/western act that is pretty awesome...and they still call Vegas home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas