Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:17 PM

249 posts, read 650,095 times

Advertisements

I work for UHC here in NJ and there are some open positions for nurses out there, pay pretty well and as far as I can are a very good company to work for. Good luck !

Old 05-18-2011, 07:34 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
I just spent a couple of days in Springvalley Hospital....EVERY singel persom in thatHospital are TOP NOTCH.....They could NOT have been better

Old 05-18-2011, 07:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnsey7106 View Post
Would it be easy to get a job as an RN there?
Much easier if you have an RN license.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Are the administrators not concerned about the Nursing Testing/Licensing scandals in the Philippines?
US Hospitals have been hiring nurses from the Philippines for many decades now. If the education of these nurses in the Philippines are sub-par, they wont be able to pass the test required by US hospitals. Just in case you do not know, nurses in the Philippines are trained more clinically than administratively, meaning they're trained better and can handle stressful situations better than their counterparts elsewhere.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:18 PM

10 posts, read 20,172 times
Default Nursing

You might also try the VA. They have a new hospital opening up on the north side of Vegas.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:22 PM

By the way my cousin is a nurse in a Supervisory position in CA, I have an aunt who has been employed in a hospital in NJ for many decades now and my father re-married a Filipina nurse who is currently employed in a hospital in NJ. All of them graduates of Philippine nursing school.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
The hospitals always have a long list of vacancies for nurses, and just about every job. I can only assume they are legitimate postings, and not just fishing expeditions like the want ads in the RJ.

Side story: Many years ago a nurse at Humana Sunrise accused another nurse of mercy killings. The press labeled her The Angel of Death. It turned out to be just a jealous nurse falsely accusing her for some reason, and there was a big lawsuit over it where one of the most famous lawyers in the U.S., Melvin Belli, defended her. Melvin Belli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, she left Sunrise anyway due to all the publicity. Just after that I had a cardiac event that put me in intensive care at UMC, where you have one nurse taking care of one patient for her entire shift. In the middle of the night I woke up to see the so called Angel of Death standing over me. She was probably the best nurse I've ever had.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:14 PM

The Work Ethic of Filipino Nurses

Share14

http://www.allnursingreference.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/index9.jpg (broken link)The Philippines is extensively recognized as one of the main providers of human resources, a conjure word for “people.” The human resources department within an organization manages the administrative aspects of the employees to labor-short economies all over the world. Filipino workers are careful, highly skilled, ideally suited to any multi-racial working environment, and have an ability to speak the English language. Spoken by about 470 million people throughout the world, English is the official language of about 45 nations. These characteristics endeared them to the world’s employers, and elevated the Philippines to the status of a chief human resource provider.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the Philippines is the largest source of registered nurses for foreign countries. Based on deployment records of the past 12 years, 98,968 nurses left the Philippines to work in some 73 countries across all continents. The top ten countries deploying nurses are Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Federation of Sheikhdoms, SE Arabia, Persian Gulf, Gulf of Oman, United Kingdom, Taiwan, Ireland, United States (US), Kuwait, Singapore, Qatar, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies and Spain. In 2006, the Philippines deployed just over one million workers. Of these, four percent were health professionals, mostly nurses. Experts in nursing, rank Filipino nurses on a balance with, if not the best workers in the world. Chair and professor of the Edyth Jones Department of Nursing in Columbia Union College in the US, Gina Brown, said in her speech that she had worked with a number of Filipino nurses in the US and they were all excellent. The nurses had no issue with attendance or scheduling and most of all they are respectful. Such qualities make them very much valued in the US.

President of Nursing Care Providers in the US, Nelly A. Jocson, believes the worldwide demand for Filipino nurses will prolong. Filipino nurses were very willing to assist when the services were short of staff, especially on weekends when no one wanted to report for work. Most of all, they established a more caring and respectful progress in dealing with their patients. The preceding testimonials, as well as experimental data on the increasing number of Filipino nurses employed at over the world, serve as unquestionable evidence that Filipino workers, nurses in particular, are preferred for being, honest, highly capable and hard working.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 at 6:18 am and is filed under About Nursing, Nursing Careers, Nursing Forums, Nursing Issues.

The Work Ethic of Filipino Nurses | Nursing job opportunities (http://www.allnursingreference.com/00764/the-work-ethic-of-filipino-nurses.html - broken link)

Old 05-18-2011, 09:19 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
US Hospitals have been hiring nurses from the Philippines for many decades now. If the education of these nurses in the Philippines are sub-par, they wont be able to pass the test required by US hospitals. Just in case you do not know, nurses in the Philippines are trained more clinically than administratively, meaning they're trained better and can handle stressful situations better than their counterparts elsewhere.
That is not the case in El Paso. It is like pulling teeth to get a coherent message for the doctors out of some of these nurses.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
That is not the case in El Paso. It is like pulling teeth to get a coherent message for the doctors out of some of these nurses.

Too bad!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: