Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:17 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,242,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Okay, here is my 2 cents.

First of all, it's right behind the Stratosphere ( within a few blocks anyway ) and this is otherwise known as * Naked City *... ridden with crime.

Now the officer arrives and gives the man a direct order to stop filming ( whether or not it's legal or illegal, or if the man is within his rights at the moment , but the BIGGER problem is a man standing in a bad neighborhood convienantly whipping out his camera as a police officer drives by ) The officer senses something is off and orders the man to comply. The man says " I am within my rights...blah blah.."

Instead of obeying the officer and then hashing out human rights a little later on, he refuses to listen. Officer applies force ( perhaps too much so since he is suspended but get this " Suspended until an investigation insues...( I am sure that is his status at this time )

I do NOT see the guy getting beaten. Only him screaming. As I understand he was injured. You can't see in the camera lens that he might have swung at the officer, got violent, spit, kicked or hit the officer. For the officer to go nuts on him, he must have been out of control.

Some say, Oh Bad Cop ! Okay, there are bad cops. But I sense the guy on the street is a Rebel Fruit Loop.

If you got pulled over and the officer told you to comply and you went off on a Rhetoric of Human Rights, which is the correct way to handle that ? Fight the officer and refuse or do what he asks and complain about it at another time ?

In THAT neighborhood the cop is already on edge because every third house is likely a Meth House ( crack house, herion den, hemp plant haven, )

Not a SAFE place for anyone to be....

An investigation will take place. Officer might get punished or lose his job or maybe he will be let back on the force after a thorough investigation.

2 sides to this....
Stop. You obviously have not the faintest knowledge of Las Vegas geography.

Quote:
Crooks had for an hour been recording the scene across the street from his home in the 1700 block of Commanche Circle, near East Desert Inn Road and South Maryland Parkway,
RJ Report on incident.

I would also note he was out there for an hour...not exactly whipping out his camera...and he is a professional at it. Hence his interest.

That is of course no where near the naked city. It is not the best of addresses...but it is not a bad one either. No reason why a cop would feel threatened there.

YOu are also unamerican. One does not follow illegal orders from representatives of the state. You tell them no. Emphatically. I hate to break this to you...but that is how you remain a free people.

What he should have done had he behaved properly was refused to answer. American are surprisingly dumb on this item. The correct response to a police offer is virtually always no answer. Nothing good every comes of answering a police officers question. And no you do not have to tell him a thing other than your name. That is the legal requirement. Any further conversation is at your own risk and can and will be held against you.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,426,878 times
YOu are also unamerican. One does not follow illegal orders from representatives of the state. You tell them no. Emphatically. I hate to break this to you...but that is how you remain a free people.

Oh please, you know for a fact that the poster is unamerican? Hyperbole runs rampant.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:50 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,242,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Oh please, you know for a fact that the poster is unamerican? Hyperbole runs rampant.
Sure. He is openly advocating unamerican conduct. What better proof?

We hold our police in much respect...and in their proper place. Failure to do either is unamerican.

And yes I am overemphasizing it a bit. It is one of the areas where I am a hard core conservative. You keep the minions of the state in their place. Otherwise they take over.

Particularly true in a place like Las Vegas where there is a real need for active law enforcement.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,824,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
It is the same officer who has killed 2 people. They say they were 'justified'. On this showing, i think a re-investigation into those is necessary.
Question.
I'm not saying thats not the case...but I can't seem to find any info on that online.
Can you site your source?

Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 AM

203 posts, read 546,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Sorry to disagree with the title, BUT...

This entire incident seems to have been provoked by the individual with the camera.

Further, I did not see any beating. I did hear alot of yelling though.

I was especially intrigued by the Police officer ordering the individual to "stop resisting".

I just get the feeling that there is a "back story" with this guy.
This officer has been involved in 2 fatal shootings and this latest incident that got him suspended. this officer broke this guys nose and humiliated this guy. so how did this guy provoke this officer?? by taping a police action from his driveway at home. so what? this officer is a bully he needs to be fired and criminally charged with battery. i think metro has a very good police force full of professional men and woman who do an excellent job the few bad apples like this officer give the rest of them a black eye .

Old 05-01-2011, 05:49 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,149,191 times
The world is coming to an end....I totally agree with Muldy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: