Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:23 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,227,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Alternatively, you can call the realtor who currently has all of two listings (one that's over two years old) and listen to his sales pitch on why you should pay him an upfront fee to handle your short sale.
Or you can call on Tony S who is the master of all and will get you out from under without spending a dime. And he does it all while walking on water.

Try old Tony. He has brilliant answers to almost everything.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,450,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Or you can call on Tony S who is the master of all and will get you out from under without spending a dime. And he does it all while walking on water.

Try old Tony. He has brilliant answers to almost everything.
Here's a brilliant answer that won't set anyone back $750 - there are plenty of Vegas realtors, with more short sale experience than our resident, self promoting, charlatan, that won't ask for an upfront fee.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,953,723 times
LOL...okey dokey then....brilliant. Pretty sure she got her answer miles ago.

But, very informative.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,784,204 times
Quote:
Alternatively, you can call the realtor who currently has all of two listings (one that's over two years old) and listen to his sales pitch on why you should pay him an upfront fee to handle your short sale.
Best response I've read on C-D in a while (besides my own, of course). I like to run some of these people through the public records and see what kind of brilliant investments they have made during these tough times. Had an insurance guy wanting to come over for a financial consultation--no, I just need insurance. I could have done better with a dart and a blindfold. I've met a number of fast talking listing agents that for some strange reason didn't have any listings.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
Best response I've read on C-D in a while (besides my own, of course). I like to run some of these people through the public records and see what kind of brilliant investments they have made during these tough times. Had an insurance guy wanting to come over for a financial consultation--no, I just need insurance. I could have done better with a dart and a blindfold. I've met a number of fast talking listing agents that for some strange reason didn't have any listings.
Talk to Tony...He is the investor. Get him to tell you which properties he has bought or sold in the last five years.

Lots of luck.

And don't hold your breath.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Here's a brilliant answer that won't set anyone back $750 - there are plenty of Vegas realtors, with more short sale experience than our resident, self promoting, charlatan, that won't ask for an upfront fee.
With all your insight just point out two or three who are really good at it. I would love to know.

At this point in the cycle I still have little interst in listing. But I would love to know who is good at shorts. I would think Tony would be more than glad to share this with all the sellers.

That is if he actually knew anything.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Talk to Tony...He is the investor. Get him to tell you which properties he has bought or sold in the last five years.

Lots of luck.

And don't hold your breath.
khuntrevor doesn't need my help. He's done quite well on his own if I remember correctly. I imagine that is in no small part due to his ability to identify and avoid know-nothing snake oil salesman like yourself. Why don't you ask him if he'd ever do business with you?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
With all your insight just point out two or three who are really good at it. I would love to know.
The OP didn't ask who is "really good" at short sales. Since you seem to have a reading comprehension problem I'll remind you that she asked for opinions on a realtor that asked for an upfront fee of $795 to start up the short sale process. Short sales are done routinely with no upfront fee - by realtors with far more experience with short sales than yourself.
Quote:
At this point in the cycle I still have little interst in listing. But I would love to know who is good at shorts. I would think Tony would be more than glad to share this with all the sellers.

That is if he actually knew anything.
You have little interest in listings because you can't get any. Period. Your assertion that you've done 20 or so short sales with a 70% or better success rate is a pure fabrication. I've watched your listings for over two years. You're a sham.

Last edited by tony soprano; 04-27-2011 at 12:07 AM..

Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 AM

1,245 posts, read 1,830,150 times
Interesting read on why one RE agent charges up-front fees for listing short sales.

Central Florida Short Sales, Upfront Fees and Anti-Trust .-

Old 04-27-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
The OP didn't ask who is "really good" at short sales. Since you seem to have a reading comprehension problem I'll remind you that she asked for opinions on a realtor that asked for an upfront fee of $795 to start up the short sale process. Short sales are done routinely with no upfront fee - by realtors with far more experience with short sales than yourself.You have little interest in listings because you can't get any. Period. Your assertion that you've done 20 or so short sales with a 70% or better success rate is a pure fabrication. I've watched your listings for over two years. You're a sham.
Still can't read?

I suggested that as a standard for someone who might be worth paying. You simply lack the comprehension to understand that.

Why don't you try making a useful suggestion for a change? I know it would be quite out of character. But surprise us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas