Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,893 times

Advertisements

Intro: Lol, that's right. I'm yet another one of those people looking at moving into the LV area. Looking at houses in the 110k range in the southwest area; Around Enterprise and Spring Valley. I do currently have a full time job making around 43k a year. I also own a car; I saw that's a requirement on some of the threads.

Question: Speaking to my realtor, I was told that it will be difficult to find a home in that price range in that area. Honestly I'm looking at the safest area in a relatively low priced area. Is she right about this or should I be looking at other areas?

Background: I come from a suburb of LA which, while decent enough, is just too expensive. If I can't find what I like out here Phoenix might be another option.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,028,049 times
yes, thats a very difficult price range... i would assume you are paying cash.. you are in investor territory.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,893 times
Hi airics, actually no, not cash. While I can afford more home, I want to keep my payments as low as possible. Also this would be a primary residence. I've found a few homes in that range but not many.

So, in that price range, where should I be looking in?

Old 04-18-2011, 03:49 PM

207 posts, read 510,067 times
I think if you can raise your budget 20-30k you can stay in the area you're looking at and get something quite nice.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:21 PM

that range = cash cash beats finance on offers (even if offer is less) you need to set your sights in the 150-170 range

Old 04-18-2011, 06:51 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,242,618 times
HUD and Homepath. Lose all the others to investors. The bad news is they are awful to execute in the bureaucratic view. Nothing is more screwed up then that system. But when your bid is accepted it is yours if you persevere and the place does not get burned down or vandalized.

Some quite nice houses in that set in the price range of interest.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:27 PM

20 posts, read 26,731 times
Hello, I am from Southern California (OC) and just moved to Austin, TX. The job market in OC was horrid and I moved here under the impression that it was a lot better. Well, 5 months later and I still haven't found full time employment. Also, on a side note, I hate it here lol. It's insanely boring. My fiance is from Vegas so we were thinking about relocating there. I have over 6 years experience as a bartender and also about the same amount working in an office. I also have experience as a medical biller. I was just wondering how the job market was out there for any of these positions. He is in construction, so I was wondering about that also. I've been to Vegas many times and am pretty familiar with it but I just wanted to see if I could get some info on this before we make a decision. Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:30 PM

you're kidding right? construction is demolished... we have the highest unemployment in the nation..... your fields are very very very hard to fill right now

Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,242,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
you're kidding right? construction is demolished... we have the highest unemployment in the nation..... your fields are very very very hard to fill right now
Ohh be nice. Construction is hopelessly dead...but the other things work.

She just needs to dump him before moving.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:06 PM

411 posts, read 916,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Maddox View Post
Hello, I am from Southern California (OC) and just moved to Austin, TX. The job market in OC was horrid and I moved here under the impression that it was a lot better. Well, 5 months later and I still haven't found full time employment. Also, on a side note, I hate it here lol. It's insanely boring. My fiance is from Vegas so we were thinking about relocating there. I have over 6 years experience as a bartender and also about the same amount working in an office. I also have experience as a medical biller. I was just wondering how the job market was out there for any of these positions. He is in construction, so I was wondering about that also. I've been to Vegas many times and am pretty familiar with it but I just wanted to see if I could get some info on this before we make a decision. Thanks in advance for anyones help.
It's kind of crazy to be thinking about moving from Austin, Texas to Las Vegas looking for jobs. Moving from Austin to Las Vegas looking for a construction job is even more crazy.
Employment is better in Austin than Las Vegas by a big margin. You would be better off moving to another part of Texas if for some reason neither of you can find a job in Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: