Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:01 AM

4 posts, read 6,540 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to rent a townhome in either the Centennial Hills area or Aliente (this being the preferred one). Basically we want a neighborhood with nice grass and trees, but as far north as possible. We currently live in Centennial Hills and do not want to go any farther south than Ann Road and only as far East as Aliente (not near Nellis). I've done some googling and its really challenging to find townhomes. Any suggestions would be great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 12:21 PM

412 posts, read 916,328 times
There are probably some rentals at Courts at Aliante. If you drive around Aliante and Centennial Hills you will probably see several places with rental townhomes.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,298,594 times
There are many empty units here in Aliante. Some have for rent signs in them, some don't. Most use property management companies, and some go through realtors.
There is not much green here, since all we have are rocks in the front. There is green grass by the pool area/park. Plus there are 3 parks within walking distance of the Courts.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:52 PM

There are also Elkhorn at High Noon townhomes in Centennial Hills. Both communities are almost exactly the same distance from a Smith's shopping center.
There are green parks and maybe a golf course around Aliante Parkway, but mostly concrete around Elkhorn and N. Durango. There are parks in other parts of Centennial Hills.
I wonder what will happen if there is some more severe water rationing and they are forced to turn off the irrigation to the grass? Lot's of dead, brown grass around those nice Aliante parks? That would look worse than desert landscaping.

Last edited by Tires; 04-12-2011 at 05:03 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 PM

And so many have predicted that our waterfall at Nature Discovery park would be turned off years ago. Still going for 7 years. As for the grass in the parks, they've been letting it go during the winter time. Only watering during the warm months.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Waterfall is probably not a big issue since it is mostly the same water recirculating. Probably not much consumption beyond evaporation.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Yep, definitely recirculating. It's really nice sitting on a park bench watching all the ducks and getting a slightly cool breeze near the waterfall on a hot summer day.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:56 PM

4 posts, read 6,540 times
Pinkstring - we love that park!! We go there a lot. The ducks and turtles are really entertaining!

How do you go about renting some of these places? Do we need to get a Realtor? We've also looked at Liberty Square but want to look around some more. I knew about Elkhorn but didn't know the name so that was a lot of help!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulJourney View Post
Pinkstring - we love that park!! We go there a lot. The ducks and turtles are really entertaining!

How do you go about renting some of these places? Do we need to get a Realtor? We've also looked at Liberty Square but want to look around some more. I knew about Elkhorn but didn't know the name so that was a lot of help!
You could come in and drive around the Courts neighborhood and see if there are any for rent signs in the windows. (you will have to follow someone through the gate)
Or go through a realtor. (Olecapt)I wish I knew the name of the property management company that so many owners use to rent out their units, but I don't. We own and live in our unit.
You could also check with the HOA for our area, Excellence Community Management. Their office is on Camino al norte.

The Terrasini condos are also in Aliante. They are at Decatur/215 north. Not townhomes, but they are practically giving them away these days.

Liberty Square is an excellent looking apt complex as well. We went by there about a month ago. I want to go on over and see the floor plans just because I really like the outside of them.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:54 PM

There is also another townhouse development just outside Aliante called Monteverdi.
Does anyone know about those? I don't think they have ever been mentioned here before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas