Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 06:01 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,536,967 times

Advertisements

Tamaro? There's always a Tomaro...it's only a day away. You can bet your bottom dollar, there's a Tomaro.

(PS...Tomaro is Todai for!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 10:47 AM

56 posts, read 118,931 times
Thank you for all the feedback. My wife is asian so she is definitely picky when it comes to sushi. I will try to convince her to go to a different restaurant. I still have time because her birthday is not todai or tomaro.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 AM

11,178 posts, read 16,051,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz789 View Post
Thank you for all the feedback. My wife is asian so she is definitely picky when it comes to sushi. I will try to convince her to go to a different restaurant. I still have time because her birthday is not todai or tomaro.
Naked Fish is one of the best (some say the best) sushi restaurants in all of Las Vegas.

NAKED-FISH's Website

Naked Fish's Sushi & Grill - Spring Valley - Las Vegas, NV

If you're looking for an AYCE sushi experience, my favorite is Oyshi. Unlike the barely edible sushi on buffets such as Todai, Oyshi is strictly prepared to order. You order from a menu and get whatever you want and as much as you want over a two-hour time period. The restaurant is nicely decorated, the presentation of the dishes is great, and the taste is divine. My only complaint is that the service can be slow.

Oyshi Sushi - Southwest - Las Vegas, NV

Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 AM

56 posts, read 118,931 times
Thanks MadMan.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:23 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,842,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Naked Fish is one of the best (some say the best) sushi restaurants in all of Las Vegas.

NAKED-FISH's Website

Naked Fish's Sushi & Grill - Spring Valley - Las Vegas, NV

If you're looking for an AYCE sushi experience, my favorite is Oyshi. Unlike the barely edible sushi on buffets such as Todai, Oyshi is strictly prepared to order. You order from a menu and get whatever you want and as much as you want over a two-hour time period. The restaurant is nicely decorated, the presentation of the dishes is great, and the taste is divine. My only complaint is that the service can be slow.

Oyshi Sushi - Southwest - Las Vegas, NV
I like Oyshi too. They have a wide variety of sushi available on the AYCE including their rolls. I'm not too fond of all the sauces they use but I can order without the sauces I guess. IIRC, they do limit the Uni (sea urchin) on the AYCE.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:19 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,086,950 times
Take the other posters advice and stay away from Todai or Makinos which is horrible.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:32 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,401,749 times
I've never had a bad meal at:

Sushi Ko, Las Vegas - Sushi Bar and Teppan Table

Old 03-30-2011, 03:04 PM

762 posts, read 1,564,986 times
The one at Planet Hollywood or in the mall? My son did not even get to valet with out having a toss down. He was sicker than a dog for days. Food poisoning for sure

Old 03-30-2011, 03:24 PM

154 posts, read 357,889 times
Wow. I feel so humiliated. And to think a Japanese-Hawaiian introduced me to Todai. I wonder if he knows how ghetto he is.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM

84 posts, read 391,442 times
Hello, I am Japanese and I too am picky about sushi. Depending on what part of town you will be in, if you want an all you can eat sushi place, my favorite place is Sushi Mon which is in Henderson. Not a fancy place but the sushi is excellent and they make it to order. If you want a sit down place, also not very fancy, try Yokohama Kaigenro on Paradise across from the Hard Rock. This place serves a lot of dishes most Japanese restaurants don't serve. It's pretty authentic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas