Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:31 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times

Advertisements

I went to an "All you can eat for a dollar" restaurant once. I finished my plate and ask for more, but the guy said, "That's all you can eat for a dollar."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
This actually happened and shows how confusing (and sometimes funny) it can be to communicate with someone whose basic language is different from yours. I asked a Chinese chef one time where he thought the best Chinese food was in town. I couldn't understand that he was saying San Remo (on Trop east of the Strip) so I asked him to write it down. He wrote San Lemo, which is how he pronounced it.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM

56 posts, read 118,795 times
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I will try to sell her on Sushi Mon. I have experience with a Japanese woman telling me where to go. Madman I will try Oyshi sushi also. I tried to convince her to just make it at home but I am not a very good salesman.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 AM

848 posts, read 1,724,288 times
RA Sushi Bar and Restaurant at the Fashion Show Mall is good, restaurant has a nice ambiance and same with Kabuki at Town Square.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 AM

62 posts, read 113,287 times
Anyone have experience with Yama Sushi? It is an all you can eat for $20 and you can order anything off their menu. I thought it was really good and definitely better than Todai.

http://www.yamasushivegas.com/

Also, after 10pm at Sushi Samba in the Venetian they have a $6 menu, the calamari is one of the best I have had and the rolls on special are also good.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCards View Post
Anyone have experience with Yama Sushi? It is an all you can eat for $20 and you can order anything off their menu. I thought it was really good and definitely better than Todai.

yamasushi
Decent food, the restaurant has been around the area for over a decade. It is located in a busy commercial center on Maryland Parkway and Flamingo near UNLV.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:58 AM

12 posts, read 21,596 times
I wish I would of found this forum before we ate there. LOL.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 AM

62 posts, read 113,287 times
I also like Sushi Samba in Venetian after 10pm they have a $6 menu. Rolls are great and the calamari is one of the best I have had

Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 AM

687 posts, read 1,945,015 times
Here's a fairly recent review from the Las Vegas Advisor of a Thai restaurant that I have previously eaten at and was really good. I have not been back since the expansion - Lotus of Siam - 953 E. Sahara

"This restaurant was re-reviewed in the April, 2010 LVA; some of the information contained in this review may no longer be accurate.
Our first mention of Lotus was way back in 2000, when the restaurant burst onto the scene after being tabbed as “the best Thai restaurant in the country” by Gourmet magazine. Since then we’ve referred to it more than a dozen times. But believe it or not, it’s never been a Local Corner, so we’re remedying that now.

Lotus has just expanded into a neighboring space that triples its capacity. In addition to making it easier to eat here (the place became so popular that it was often difficult to get a table), there’s now a big new bar and a much-needed second restroom. Also located in the new section is a glass-encased wine cellar, housing what we’ve heard is a world-class selection of German and Austrian white wines, which are particularly well-suited to this cuisine. The down side of the expansion is that the place has the look of a banquet hall and the great photos that used to line the walls (including one of Anthony Curtis and pals) are gone. Don’t let that deter you, though; the food is as good as ever.

The menu is enormous and varied, with noodles, curries, stews, veggie concoctions, and all manner of tasty other dishes. You almost can’t go wrong. But to ensure that you don’t, there’s just one rule: Stay away from the big-ticket items. For example, you can spend $45 on a big steamed fish, but there’s no reason to. By sticking to the smaller plates, you’ll get to try more of these amazing tastes and save money in the process.

There’s one dish that you have to try. The #14 appetizer, nam kao tod, is a powerhouse combination of minced sour sausage mixed with green onion, fresh chile, ginger, peanuts, crispy rice, and lime juice ($7.95) that’ll hook you for sure. Beyond that, read the descriptions and make your picks. Some of our favorites are Issan-style beef jerky ($8.95), spicy vegetable soup ($7.95), Musaman curry with sliced beef ($10.95), tub wharn (beef liver in spices, $8.95), and Anthony Curtis swears by the koi soy (menu item #59) steak tartare for $13.95. And while the price has gone up a few bucks over the years (now $9), you can still get the Lotus lunch buffet on weekdays from 11:30 to 2:30, about which our soon-to-be Eating Las Vegas author Max Jacobson writes, “Whenever I eat the buffet here, I head straight for the garlic black-pepper chicken wings—the best chicken wings in the world.”

Good luck,
Croce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas