Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:37 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,032,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2ms54 View Post
One of the reasons I am moving to LV is because my best friend of 40 years lives there. Luckily, I feel it will be somewhat easy to adjust to the move. I will certainly enjoy the mountains, lake, and other recreation available and the fact that my bff and I enjoy many of the the same activities and are lonely at this time in our life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2ms54 View Post
My bff has already arranged to move to a 2 bdrm in her apt complex and we will share expenses.

One of the things of which you must be told is that we have a very strict rule out here:

When you are over 40 you are forbidden to use the term bff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 12:44 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,225,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
One of the things of which you must be told is that we have a very strict rule out here:

Those of us of mature years are baffled...

Quote:
best friends forever...an interjection that is used to end an email in case one of the corresponding parties dies in a car crash in a ditch before the two see each other again.
Okay...I´ll talk to you later...bff!
Urban Dictionary

Old 03-18-2011, 02:36 AM

787 posts, read 1,777,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It is marvelous. A Jersey City type offering an opinion on Las Vegas.

Just his location reveals his lack of judgement.

Likely he would recommend Sioux City as an alternative.

Special Ed teachers are still in demand. Though the caution given about qualifications should be take seriously and can be worked before you commit.

Hey, I moved from Jersey City to Vegas. Loving Vegas so far. JC was fun for a while too, but when I became able to work completely remotely, Vegas was the obvious choice.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:37 AM

787 posts, read 1,777,478 times
Quote:

I'm going to +1 this. Except I'd say the line is about 22 years old, not 40.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:30 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,132,546 times
Quote:

O M G fer sure fer sure dude....or is that mixing my generations?

Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 AM

7 posts, read 22,936 times
I am moving to Vegas because my bff lives there.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM

I am going to complete the application process at CCSD in the next week or so but I have taken the HQ tests in MS. I would really prefer to sub for a couple months than go directly into a teaching job at CCSD. Would like to check out the many high schools and find one that I really want to be at and stay til retirement. I have decided that jumping into something just to have an income is not a good idea, I would rather work as a sub or work for a temp. agency. My bff works part-time for a security company and is sure I can work for them part-time. Don't want to leave a job/school I am miserable at just to jump into the same predicament. If I have to take a class or test I will have the time. I can live for a couple of months.........

Old 03-18-2011, 03:13 PM

Oh woops! I guess all you young ones should realize some of the stuff you say comes from the 60's and 70's. I didn't know you owned language, which is always changing! So if that is all you have to say don't bother!

Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 PM

Modern Slang BFF definitions

Suggest New

Best Friend Forever
Best Friends Forever
Best Friends For Life

Old 03-18-2011, 04:01 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,132,546 times
Z I N G the point went right over her head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: