Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,753,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
I don't understand why anybody would need to know that fact...
Because it's a big fact about the school. Just as if the student body was made up of Hispanic non-English speaking kids. Or almost all kids that are mentally challenged. The more information you can provide about the school will help the person determine if it's the type of student body and setting they are looking for or would be comfortable teaching in. What may not be of interest to one person will be of interest to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 12:50 PM

818 posts, read 3,701,847 times
Quote:
Because it's a big fact about the school. Just as if the student body was made up of Hispanic non-English speaking kids. Or almost all kids that are mentally challenged. The more information you can provide about the school will help the person determine if it's the type of student body and setting they are looking for or would be comfortable teaching in. What may not be of interest to one person will be of interest to another.
Speaking a different language or having a mental handicap is not the same thing as being black.

Any assumptions made on the basis of skin color is straight up racism. I do agree that black America has many problems on a more severe level than other races (crime, poverty, drug addiction, HIV) and that is backed up by statistics. However, none of that should really matter when it comes to children, especially ones who are exceptional enough to gain acceptance to this wonderful school.

Quote:
The more information you can provide about the school will help the person determine if it's the type of student body and setting they are looking for or would be comfortable teaching in. What may not be of interest to one person will be of interest to another.
That information would probably only be of interest to racists.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:26 PM

89 posts, read 297,778 times
Those who are so quick to label others who simply seek the truth as racists are the true racists. But they are anti-white, so it is socially acceptable.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asik View Post
Those who are so quick to label others who simply seek the truth as racists are the true racists. But they are anti-white, so it is socially acceptable.
Thank you, so true! People are just so afraid to see things as they really are. I completely agree with you.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:25 PM

818 posts, read 3,701,847 times
Why would the race of prep school students be of interest to anyone? Unless it was because those people believed that a certain race is inferior or superior to another, and then they could use this prejudice to make decisions soleley based on information about race? aka the very definition of racism.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:51 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,252,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
Why would the race of prep school students be of interest to anyone? Unless it was because those people believed that a certain race is inferior or superior to another, and then they could use this prejudice to make decisions soleley based on information about race? aka the very definition of racism.

Don't waste your time Chest. RWF has been walking the line on the racist bit for a long time. She is very good at it. It is never Racist...just good solid non-PC sociology. Her ideas have been challenged and discredited here time after time. So all we need do is point out the invariant racist or xenophobic nature of her rants and let the readers decide. Note that her appearance on the Vegas lists has dropped off with the well reasoned counters to her biased posts.

Just jump in and straighten the record when she does it.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Note that her appearance on the Vegas lists has dropped off with the well reasoned counters to her biased posts.

Dream on olecapt. It's summer and I haven't been at my computer as much. You should try getting out with your family too!

You like to "think" you discredit what I write. But it's easy to see that all you do is stamp your feet, hold up your realtor sign and tell people to keep coming! LOL

Old 07-27-2007, 08:40 AM

As a final note to this thread Andre Agassi Academy was just designated as an exemplary school by the NCLB system.

Any exemplary schools in Port Orange RWF? Actually you have very low percentage of your schools making adequate yearly progress in Florida don't you? How is Port Orange doing?

Hey come back to Vegas. Send your kids to a fine school...like the Agassi Academy.

Last edited by olecapt; 07-27-2007 at 08:57 AM..

Old 07-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Actually yes, there are ... Spruce Creek High School is rated on the list of one of the best in the country. And all the schools around me are all "A" rated schools.

If I came back to Vegas I certainly wouldn't put my kids in the Agassi school. The school is for "at-risk" kids and my kids are far from that. We'll save the seat for someone that really needs it.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Actually yes, there are ... Spruce Creek High School is rated on the list of one of the best in the country. And all the schools around me are all "A" rated schools.

If I came back to Vegas I certainly wouldn't put my kids in the Agassi school. The school is for "at-risk" kids and my kids are far from that. We'll save the seat for someone that really needs it.
I believe those are Florida As and Bs. Little relevance to anyone elses As and Bs. Exacly how many schools in Port Orange...or even in the County received an exemplary rating? Are there any? Or are we talking the standard Florida schools? How many middle schools made adequate yearly progress? Any?

Lives in the educational pits and throws rocks at good schools...shesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas