Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 05:36 PM

18 posts, read 20,383 times

Advertisements

Thinking of buying a house in the same neighborhood as Legacy Island Circle in 89074. Would be really grateful if someone can tell me if this area is part of Green Valley.

Is this neighborhood considered safe?

The houses in this neighborhood were built in the 90's. Are they "too old"? Do prices correlate with whether they are older or newer in Vegas?

Thought for a while about buying in Mountain's Edge. The Vegas Crime Mapping seems to work. It seems to show there is a lot of crime happening in that area. Got scared, so am thinking about 89074. I've tried the Henderson Crime Map, but it does not work. Is it the map or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 05:50 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,225,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelieu View Post
Thinking of buying a house in the same neighborhood as Legacy Island Circle in 89074. Would be really grateful if someone can tell me if this area is part of Green Valley.

Is this neighborhood considered safe?

The houses in this neighborhood were built in the 90's. Are they "too old"? Do prices correlate with whether they are older or newer in Vegas?

Thought for a while about buying in Mountain's Edge. The Vegas Crime Mapping seems to work. It seems to show there is a lot of crime happening in that area. Got scared, so am thinking about 89074. I've tried the Henderson Crime Map, but it does not work. Is it the map or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
Get it out of your head. Neither Mountain Edge nor older GV has any significant crime problem.

There is a little crime anywhere but both of those areas are quite safe.

Don't buy problems you don't have.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,012,706 times
i remember looking at Mountain's Edge... the crime was unbelievable... saw a kid spray painting a street sign... oh no... must be gang related....(as i run from the scene)... Come on... the crime isnt all that bad.. Next they will be saying that ALL of Vegas is crimeridden and like Gary, Indiana or St. Louis....

Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 PM

136 posts, read 276,990 times
Green Valley (89074) is a nice area. I just used the Henderson Crime Map yesterday, so it does work. Must be operator error. Try again.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 PM

Thanks a lot for the replies. I'll try the Henderson Crime Map again.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:05 PM

156 posts, read 404,279 times
Legacy Island Circle is in a nice little pocket of 89074. Well Maintained homes, easy access to the I-215 and shopping - this is the southern most edge of Green Valley - most of the homes here were built in the mid 90's.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Thank you, palepeople!

BTW, the crime mapping is working now. It turns out it wouldn't work if the monitor is on full screen.

Thanks again for all the input.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,766,145 times
Had a friend who lived in Mountains Edge (he has since moved) and he intimated that most, if not all of the crime is perpetrated by bored/dissaffected youth who live in the area.

Coincidentially, he moved to G.V. and absolutely loves it there!

Good Luck!!

Old 01-09-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Had a friend who lived in Mountains Edge (he has since moved) and he intimated that most, if not all of the crime is perpetrated by bored/dissaffected youth who live in the area.

Coincidentially, he moved to G.V. and absolutely loves it there!

Good Luck!!

Thank you!

I think I'll be concentrating on G.V. more now.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:05 PM

6 posts, read 12,564 times
I was really surprised to see that Henderson was actually like 1/3 below the national crime average, that's pretty good.

I'm also thinking of moving there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: