Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 AM

58 posts, read 242,242 times

Advertisements

Hello

Does anyone have any information about the hiring process in the Clark County School District?? I received an email yesterday saying that I was not accepted into the hiring pool! You have to be accepted into a qualified hiring pool before any principals can contact you. I am feeling pretty down that I was not even accepted into the pool.

I have 2 years experience teaching K-12 Physical Education and Health, 1 year Athletic Director experience, and 2 years of coaching (basketball and track). I have no idea why I was not accepted into the pool. I am sure if I call them they will just give me some robot reply or say they can not give out any information. The funny thing was that I was accepted into the pool 2 years ago when I had just completed my student teaching before I had any experience and now I have 2 years and I get rejected!?

I wonder if they are looking for teachers with less experience so they can pay them less? Maybe I have too much experience? If anyone has any more info on the hiring process I would truly appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 08:44 AM

815 posts, read 2,051,606 times
I think that there were no openings for your position. The hiring pool is for open positions. You were not rejected, simply no openings.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:49 AM

293 posts, read 641,438 times
What state are you coming from? Nevada will not except experience from certain states, like Ohio. There is no limit to experience as compared to the pool of teacher's as you will start out like everyone else unless you are from one of the reciprical states. You have to apply for one of the open positions like Fastrudy said so you just have to keep watching. You now must also be highly qualified for any CCSD positions as my wife has 5 years experience and some in Nevada but could not be contacted until she passed a couple of Praxis tests to become highly qualified. Now that she has, she gets a couple of calls every 2 weeks. Just become a sub and get your foot in the door so the Principals get to know who you are and your style. You might be better calling and talking to someone about the Athletic Director experience, that may come more in handy than the PE

Old 11-06-2010, 05:12 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,917,193 times
Have you tried contacting any of the private schools? It might be worth a shot.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
What state are you coming from? Nevada will not except experience from certain states, like Ohio. There is no limit to experience as compared to the pool of teacher's as you will start out like everyone else unless you are from one of the reciprical states. You have to apply for one of the open positions like Fastrudy said so you just have to keep watching. You now must also be highly qualified for any CCSD positions as my wife has 5 years experience and some in Nevada but could not be contacted until she passed a couple of Praxis tests to become highly qualified. Now that she has, she gets a couple of calls every 2 weeks. Just become a sub and get your foot in the door so the Principals get to know who you are and your style. You might be better calling and talking to someone about the Athletic Director experience, that may come more in handy than the PE

I taught for 2 years in a Nevada school, which was about 7 hours north of Las Vegas. I have a Nevada licenese that is still active. I am also highly qualified. I did turn in the application for the Elementary Physical Education pool, but they sent me an email saying I was not accepted into the pool. I just think it is funny that I was accepted into the pool for the same position 2 years ago when I had no teaching experience and no Nevada teaching license! Plus, I also am working on my Master's degree right now and will be done this December. I just can't figure out why I was not accepted. They will not answer an email either!!

Old 11-13-2010, 07:28 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I worked at CCSD for many years. What are you certified in? I don't think you were accepted, becasue they are not hiring for the positions that you put.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I worked at CCSD for many years. What are you certified in? I don't think you were accepted, becasue they are not hiring for the positions that you put.
Hi. I am certified to teach K-12 Physical Education and 6-12 Health in Nevada. I am also a certified coach. According to their website under jobs they are currently hiring for Elementary (K-5) Physical Education and also Secondary Physical Education. I should be accepted into both pools, but they rejected me for the K-5 already and did not give a specific reason. I tried to email and ask what the problem was, but never got a reply back.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:12 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Hmmm, well, I know one way to defintiely get a fat job at CCSD, and that is to do adaptive P.E. That program is huge in CCSD. I know that when I applied, I could not even do the regular application process on line, because what I do is so specialized, so I just sent my resume to the department head, and talked to him for awhile. He called me in August, and hired me on the spot. Then, they put my application in...so, maybe some times you have to do things backwards there. That is what worked for me.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:46 PM

293 posts, read 641,438 times
There are a lot of positions that theya re accepting apps for...Do not e-mail them as that is a easy cop out for them to say they did not get it. You have to call to get any info....

Old 10-11-2013, 07:00 AM

2 posts, read 4,153 times
Hello i applied for position at the ccsd that was hiring someone contacted my boss through email sept 9th and he responded back sept10 the next business day also faxed the info back and i havent heard anything back yet. Im so ready to start in ccsd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: