Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:39 PM

9 posts, read 17,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Go to the crime maps.

Crime in Las Vegas

Then pick any green or yellow zips near where your husband is working.

Strangely enough good schools and low crime go together.
have to disagree with you on that when we moved out here 4 years ago we used that crime view website and chose 89081 for or safe haven ya right come to find out nlv for some reason nlv doent report the crime there that was the only zip with no problems, the first week there was cops in the street with guns drawn on three teens and the net couple weeks next door cops were standing in my front yard guns out fore neighbor had beating his wife got the hell outa dodge and moved to summerlin best thing ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 05:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings101 View Post
have to disagree with you on that when we moved out here 4 years ago we used that crime view website and chose 89081 for or safe haven ya right come to find out nlv for some reason nlv doent report the crime there that was the only zip with no problems, the first week there was cops in the street with guns drawn on three teens and the net couple weeks next door cops were standing in my front yard guns out fore neighbor had beating his wife got the hell outa dodge and moved to summerlin best thing ever.
No. The crime chart correctly shows it as orange. The problem you had was 89081 is not on the crime view web site. You have to go to the NLV site to see it.

89081 can be quite bad in spots. You are getting into the famous North Las Vegas.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
No. The crime chart correctly shows it as orange. The problem you had was 89081 is not on the crime view web site. You have to go to the NLV site to see it.

89081 can be quite bad in spots. You are getting into the famous North Las Vegas.
not to start an argument with ya it was on there thats why we chose that one there was no reports on it keep in mind this was 4 years ago , we lived at tropical and ann nice houses bad place

Old 09-18-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
not to start an argument with ya it was on there thats why we chose that one there was no reports on it keep in mind this was 4 years ago , we lived at tropical and ann nice houses bad place
It is on the crime view map...but it gets no crimes reported because the crimes go to NLV police and not metro. Metro is the sheriff and can operate in 89081...but they don't. So you see only the small subset of crimes where Metro got involved versus all the normal crimes which got reported to NLV.

Trop and Ann don't cross. If you lived between trop and ann at Rainbow you would be fine. But you had to be east of commerce. Note that some of that could be OK. But it would take local knowledge.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
It is on the crime view map...but it gets no crimes reported because the crimes go to NLV police and not metro. Metro is the sheriff and can operate in 89081...but they don't. So you see only the small subset of crimes where Metro got involved versus all the normal crimes which got reported to NLV.

Trop and Ann don't cross. If you lived between trop and ann at Rainbow you would be fine. But you had to be east of commerce. Note that some of that could be OK. But it would take local knowledge.
i beg to differ i lived there not tropicana if you are mistaken but tropical and ann shell gas station right on the corner sorry olecapt i was east of commerce ,

Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 AM

i am a local

Old 09-19-2010, 01:37 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I was trying to figure out where 89081 was, then I found this map courtesy of the Las Vegas Sun.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/multimedi...me-prices-map/
That area, 89081 was too close to the bad area. I remember when they were building it and we went to the grand opening of the model homes. I couldn't get past how close it was to old NLV so we decided against it.

Last edited by PinkString; 09-19-2010 at 02:13 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
i beg to differ i lived there not tropicana if you are mistaken but tropical and ann shell gas station right on the corner sorry olecapt i was east of commerce ,
I was talking about Tropical. Should not have called it Trop as that creates confusion...but meant Tropical not Tropicana.

But you are also quite correct and I was wrong. In one of those truly unique Las Vegas experiences it is one of those places where the impossible happens. Two east west section line roads cross. Well they don't actually cross..what happens is Ann is moved north one section and becomes Tropical...but there is a corner where Ann meets Tropical at a right angle.

There is a similar north south screw up where Durango meets El Capitan. That one is actually screwier yet.

In that general area I would expect that northern section to have some pretty nice areas. The south end is quite difficult. It is very heavy into the military which generally leads to pretty reasonable behavior.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:02 AM

10 posts, read 17,687 times
Stay away from anywhere north or east.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt;15945368
But you are also quite correct [B
and I was wrong[/b]. .
PLEASE EVERYONE....note the date and time

Tony S.....are you here to witness this?

Don't flame me OleC....I',m jes kiddin ya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas