Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 02:17 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,602,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
Anyone have an opinion on the single level townhomes on Mars Black Court?
They have 2 bedrooms listed for about $70K and the HOA dues looks like it is only $45 per month.
Are there additional community fees?
For what it is worth I used to live just one street up off of Decatur/Farm and I enjoyed living there. That was about 5 years ago though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 02:54 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I think the boundary is a little more hazy as the Centennial Hills library/Centennial Hills YMCA/Centennial Hills Park are just east of the 95.
YOu know what...I think it has gone away. That is the problem with these non-existent entitiies...they move.

Checking around it looks to me like Centennial Town has vanished and only Centennial Hills is left.

Long live Centennial Hills.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:40 PM

399 posts, read 1,027,389 times
So, Dorrel Square is in Centennial Hills, which is in Las Vegas along with Sky Pointe condos (near 95) and Dorrel Square is much closer to Aliante Station than Centennial Medical Center.
Terrasini condos are in Aliante, which is in North Las Vegas, even though this North Las Vegas location is actually south of Dorrel Square?

Old 09-06-2010, 03:42 PM

430 posts, read 1,313,691 times
We have only been here 1 year. I'm still not 100% sure where to tell people I live. I've tried telling people Silverstone Ranch, but no one knows where that is. I live west of Decatur, North of the 215, and East of the 95. I don't consider us in Centenniel Hills though. However, I reference Centenniel Hills when further inquiry happens from just saying the Northwest. I guess Northwest is to broad for most people. I ask if they know where Aliante is, well I am approx. 5 miles West of there. I ask if they know where Centenniel Hills is, specifically where the new hospital is, well I am 3 miles North East of there. Someone tell me where I should tell people I live? No, it isn't Iron Mountain either.

Last edited by ruready1st; 09-06-2010 at 04:37 PM..

Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,602,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
So, Dorrel Square is in Centennial Hills, which is in Las Vegas along with Sky Pointe condos (near 95) and Dorrel Square is much closer to Aliante Station than Centennial Medical Center.
Terrasini condos are in Aliante, which is in North Las Vegas, even though this North Las Vegas location is actually south of Dorrel Square?
Personally I think the Centennial Hills area is more centered west of the 95/above the 215---> east of the 95 to about Buffallo. The area where you are looking is in between Centennial Hills and Aliante so people kind of refer to it being part of Centennial Hills. The dividing line for Las Vegas/North Las Vegas is Decatur so you would barely be in Las Vegas.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:03 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,347,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1st View Post
We have only been here 1 year. I'm still not 100% sure where to tell people I live. I've tried telling people Siverstone Ranch, but no one knows where that is. I live west of Decatur, North of the 215, and East of the 95. I don't consider us in Centenniel Hills though. However, I reference Centenniel Hills when further inquiry happens from just saying the Northwest. I guess Northwest is to broad for most people. I ask if they know where Aliante is, well I am approx. 5 miles West of there. I ask if they know where Centenniel Hills is, specifically where the new hospital is, well I am 3 miles North East of there. Someone tell me where I should tell people I live? No, it isn't Iron Mountain either.
You're in the same area as I am. I just tell people I'm in between CH and Aliante.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:35 PM

I will see if I can find the original map but in fact the City of Las Vegas named everything west of Decatur and north of Cheyenne as Centennial Town.

Now that did not work out well with everybody as a number of us do not live in the City of Las Vegas but in the county town of Lone Mountain. And we had no intention of joining the City Centennial Town. Then as things got going along Durango south of 95 the developers started calling that area Centennial Hills.

Anyway in the way of neighborhoods Centennial Hills appears to have migrated across 95 and taken over. And Silverstone Ranch is just down the block from the Centennial Hills YMCA...so youse guys has joined Centennial Hills whether you like it or not. If you are talking to a NW local I would claim I lived in Tule Springs...but that only works with a local.

Same thing for close to Decatur. Us RE guys have long since decided that is part of Centennial...now of Centennial Hills. So you don't really get a choice...we moved you there already .

Old 09-06-2010, 04:40 PM

430 posts, read 1,313,691 times
Okay, Centenniel Hills it is then. I'm okay with that, but the other newbies like myself don't know. I will enlighten those I encounter.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:05 PM

399 posts, read 1,027,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Keep in mind those projects are on hold because of the economy. However the shuttle that runs to the Strip is up and going now. They built a hub/park and ride with a nice parking lot) for buses just off of Elkhorn/Durango by Smiths. Which is also where the community college will be. The mall will be behind the hospital. If and when.

I really hope that they get going on that mall. I would never have to leave Centennial Hills. The mall will also have a movie theater and outside areas.
Is this ACE bus to downtown what you mean by shuttle to the strip or is there something else?

http://www.ssfoto.net/images/lvb52.jpg (broken link)

ACE buses a big deal, riders say - News - ReviewJournal.com

Also, what is that building in the background?

Old 09-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Actually that was the big lie by the RTC. They promised the "Ace" busses but after a couple of weeks they went to the conventional long busses. Which are much less comfortable than the Ace it is reported.

Appears the Ace does not hold up well in long run service.

The building in the background is the Lou Ruvo Brain Center..the work of famed architect Geary. Located right next to the World Market Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas