Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:22 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,522,262 times

Advertisements

All scorpions are poisonous. It's the nature of the beast. More people die at European footy matches each year than by scorpion bites worldwide.

BTW...I was born on October 31st.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanarmy View Post
we live in mounatins edge and my 2 year old was stung by a bark scoropin. she almost died. I can't get over how lightly people take having scorpions. I now check the entire house every night with a black light and kill them when I find them. We have a bug company come out, but they can't get rid of them.
If there is a silver lining to your story...it is that it happened at age 2. She'll never remember it.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:40 AM

111 posts, read 253,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
All scorpions are poisonous. It's the nature of the beast. More people die at European footy matches each year than by scorpion bites worldwide.

lol

What I really meant was, if they're all lethal..
Or make you sick in a way..

Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,235,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJJ View Post
lol

What I really meant was, if they're all lethal..
Or make you sick in a way..
None of the insects bites are "lethal". But virtually all can make you sick and if complicated by being very young or with an impaired immune system you can get very sick or even die. True of bees, wasps, hornets, scorpions and many spiders.

Many hurt. Some like scorpions or hornets a good bit. Actually a bee sting does hurt. But we, as children, got stung virtually daily for playing in clover rich fields bare foot. In fact we took care of each others needs on being stung. Pull out the stinger quick and slap on a little mud.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:05 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,475,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJJ View Post
When reading all this, it kinda ''scares'' me.
I hate bugs and stuff, like every one else of course, but I am scared of spiders lol.
So hopefully I won't ever encounter one of the poisoness ones.
Can someone please tell me which of these creaps are poisoness or dangerous?
Ow, and please say in what area you live when you post about your scorpion problems etc,
so that way I know where NOT to move to
None are lethal, just may have an allergic reaction. Just watch for their reaction if stung.

Can not tell you what area, this year was pretty bad for them. The more the town becomes established the more you will see. This year, I had customers that had seen them, that have never had one at their homes before, all over town. The main thing is they are looking for food and water. If you get rid of other insects then you have taken away one of their main food sources.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

My next tattoo will be a scorpion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas