Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 AM

621 posts, read 1,614,589 times

Advertisements

Are there any local weekly car shows now that it's warming up outside? I went to the one at Chillowee Park a few weeks ago, made me a little homesick.. back in Florida there a few i could hit a week... just like the ones in grocery store parking lots or something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 04:00 PM

25 posts, read 80,711 times
I'm interested too. My son is looking to buy a classic car to restore this summer. We'd love to hit some shows so he can see finished cars in person. I know Steak and Shake in FL used to have them in their parking lot. The Steak and Shake close to me hasn't had any that I've seen though.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 PM

7 posts, read 26,810 times
There is a cruise in at Foothills Mall in Maryville every Friday night. It is in the parking lot near JC Penney.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:26 PM

394 posts, read 794,096 times
Not a weekly thing, but European Auto Garage on Sherway does a Cars and Coffee the first saturday of alternate months (next one is July). Everything from hot rods, muscle, classic, sports all the way to exotics.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 PM

186 posts, read 485,485 times
Somebody told me about a Friday or Saturday night cruise spot at the Steak 'n Shake on E. Emory Rd., just east of 75 in Powell. Can anyone confirm?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 PM

25 posts, read 80,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1961 View Post
Somebody told me about a Friday or Saturday night cruise spot at the Steak 'n Shake on E. Emory Rd., just east of 75 in Powell. Can anyone confirm?
That is the Steak and Shake that I pass pretty frequently, and I haven't seen one yet. That doesn't mean there isn't though. Maybe they only have it in the warmer months? Not sure...

Old 05-11-2010, 12:40 AM

187 posts, read 460,153 times
I live in Powell and i don't really notice anything ever going on at Steak and shake far as a cruise in goes...I know in the past they did have a few cruise in get togethers so to say,But i think they have newer management now that doesn't really get into all that but i could be wrong...But yes there is plenty of car shows going on in and around town pretty much every weekend...There more of a word of mouth thing cause most car shows here aren't really advertised or anything...But yeah every Friday night Foothills mall in Maryville has a mini car show(if you wanna call it an actual car show)...Usually every Saturday night theres a car show at the Food City shopping center on Clinton Hwy and Merchants...Then theres the rod runs up in Pigeon Forge as well...Hope all that helps...I'm a car guy myself..I go to as many car shows as i can in and around town

Old 05-12-2010, 10:50 AM

621 posts, read 1,614,589 times
I know in Florida my g/f lived near the only Quaker Steak and Lube, in Pinellas county. They had a bike night once a week and a car show once a week.. i think the one here does a bike night, but have not heard of a car show...

Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 PM

186 posts, read 485,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird2000 View Post
I know in Florida my g/f lived near the only Quaker Steak and Lube, in Pinellas county. They had a bike night once a week and a car show once a week.. i think the one here does a bike night, but have not heard of a car show...
I've taken my Duster to that Quaker Steak & Lube several times, the first time when it was yellow, and the second time when it was repainted black.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I used to live just past Powell and they would have a car night on Saturdays (?) during warmer months in the INGLE'S parking lot. Yes, it is the same parking lot as the Steak and Shake but they have it next to Ingle's and the bank. Steak and Shake has nothing to do with it. I haven't lived over there in a couple of years so maybe it stopped. I don't know.

They often have car shows at the Food City parking lot off of Clinton Highway and Merchant's at the Joe Neubert Collision Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville