Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 AM

950 posts, read 3,192,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
What is the latest news on the large shopping center in Lenoir City (close to TV) that is under construction? That new shopping center will ceratinly be a plus for those living in Tellico Village.

Thank you
They are holding until they get theirs chance to sweet talk with Le Noir City officials to give them the money they wanted.

Read the full article in the recent Knoxville papers: New Town Creek plan includes sewer

I personally don't believe it is a go especially with Turkey Creek in western Knox county being so close to the planned site in Loudon County. The population there is too small to support a such big development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 10:53 AM

62 posts, read 312,254 times
Hi

Just joining this forum and trying to catch up with the posts. So, please excuse me if you already answered this question for someone else.

So we did the Erik Estrada tour and loved it (very organized and professional company). Had no intention of buying just wanted a weekend away with no kids. Never imagined we would fall in love with the area. I'm sure we overpaid for our lot but considering what land costs in New Jersey it was a bargain.

We are also planning on retiring in 2 - 3 years. My husband will be young (45) so he will eventually look for work but that isn't our first concern. First concern is our kids. They will be high school and middle school age at the time we move. I have been told that if we live in TV we can go to either Loudon County or Lenior City Schools. Anyone in TV have kids that either went through or are still in the school systems. How are they? Do they bus? Any problems from the locals, especially considering my girls are from up north?

Are there recreational activities for the kids if not in the village then in the town? Any problems with crime or anything else that might concern me as a parent?

Since we bought a lot we will have to build. Any advice on builders or just the entire process. How was the POA? Where they helpful?

We loved the village and all the amenities it had. It was a nice built up neighborhood and was still relatively close to things. We wanted to amenities but are also looking forward to a little slower pace and a more country setting. Wanted to get the kids away from some of the undesirables that are coming into our area (gangs, etc.). However, don't want to sacrifice their education so schools are very important to us. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,905 times
Hello! My husband & I are also relocating to the area. We are not retired. My husband is transferring for work and we really like TV. We spent last weekend there. I have called the local school corp and children in the county can attend any school in the county however if they need busing they can only attend the school which is the distict they live in. We have a daughter that will be in Kindergarten. I am hoping there are a few others with children in the Village as we will know no one there. If anyone knows of a family with children please let me know. We have fallen in love with the area!!

**I have looked at the school websites, test scores and also bestschools.com

Old 01-28-2008, 08:09 AM

62 posts, read 312,254 times
Hi Mommydoll

Where are you transferring from? I was excited to see others with children considering TV. I researched the schools on greatschools.net. They didn't score too bad and actually scored higher then the school system my children are currently attending in NJ. So that was a plus. Hopefully someone with kids in the system can give us more information then just facts and figures.

When we build we will be in the Chota neighborhood - have no idea what school district that is - how do I find out? What neighborhood are you considering?

Old 01-28-2008, 06:58 PM

4 posts, read 22,066 times
My husband & I will be retiring in a few years and are considering TV. We're wondering about the sales tax...I know all other taxes are quite low. I read the sales tax on all goods and services is 9.75%....does that seem to affect how one lives and shops there? Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this. Thanks for any input..

Old 01-28-2008, 07:09 PM

115 posts, read 596,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vshall View Post
My husband & I will be retiring in a few years and are considering TV. We're wondering about the sales tax...I know all other taxes are quite low. I read the sales tax on all goods and services is 9.75%....does that seem to affect how one lives and shops there? Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this. Thanks for any input..
It shouldn't make any difference on how one lives or shops. In most states you pay 6 or 7% sales tax anyway so I would rather pay the added sales tax than a state income tax. Additionally, you pay taxes on what you spend, not what you make.

Old 10-28-2019, 04:33 PM

4 posts, read 4,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
We are still looking at Tennessee and are wondering if anyone has info about Tellico Village east of Louden, and The Villages at Norris Lake which is close to LaFollette. I have done extensive research on each area on the Internet, but first-hand opinion is always better in my opinion.

Appreciate any information,

Thanks

Roger
Roger- my husband and I recently returned from NorrisLake area the Villages -filed Chap13 was acquired and has been renamed ClearwaterCoveat NorrisLake. Took a drive to eyeball a lakefront home on mkt and it was very steep property as many areas around that Lake are. Tellico Village has more of the neighborhood feel and some LakeView options- I have concerns about POA and HOA fees there.All those clubs(we aren’t golfers)
love the beautiful Norris Lake but too remote for us Still looking for the best option for retired life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville