Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 02:32 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,318,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi all, Yea it is crazy here and I wish I could find a good agent but no one wants to work the rural area because of the drive time. Only 2 houses in my zip have sold in the last 6 mons that were not forclosures, the forclosures are trashed too. It really is frustrating here. The last agent I spoke with told me I had to drop my price to $47. sq ft because that was the avg. of the forclosures. Said it didn't matter that the houses didn't have fixtures or holes in the walls or on 2 acres that they were my comps. I said okay then, what about if I take and strip the house down to nothing, and take the 13 other acres off? OH no you cant do that! So the bottom line was she told me to list at 135k for 2700 sq ft on 14 acres with pool and horse barn...aint gonna happen so I guess I will be sitting here enjoying my renovated/updated big ole house and just keep the fixtures where they are at. So HIK is that crazy?
That is completely CRAZY. Sometimes, like in your situation, you don't have comps. Then you use - are you ready for this? - common sense.

How far do these agents have to drive?

Is this place set up for horses? For a gentlemen's farm? Have you tried Craigslist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 07:23 AM

Look! There's a house next to my name! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:50 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,545 times
That is so COOL!! Guess you got that paper that makes it all real!!

The agents have anywhere from 20-40 min drive here, but hardly any traffic. Right now I am competing with 7 other listings in the area, 5 are priced higher than me, none have ALL usuable land, no barn or pool but they are similiar in size and age. Other than one place at 330K higher than me, I am the only one set up for horses. And yes I am now on CL as FSBO, none of the agents wanted to use the site--to many "false" leads to deal with. I call it lazy but...

So What are your plans now? Are you gonna be in an office or at home? I am excited for you!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
That is so COOL!! Guess you got that paper that makes it all real!!

The agents have anywhere from 20-40 min drive here, but hardly any traffic. Right now I am competing with 7 other listings in the area, 5 are priced higher than me, none have ALL usuable land, no barn or pool but they are similiar in size and age. Other than one place at 330K higher than me, I am the only one set up for horses. And yes I am now on CL as FSBO, none of the agents wanted to use the site--to many "false" leads to deal with. I call it lazy but...

So What are your plans now? Are you gonna be in an office or at home? I am excited for you!
That drive to your house is very, very doable. Remember, there is a lot of country out here - some of it mountainous and windy or worse - it is not unusual for a agent to drive an hour or more.

Craigslist is an excellent resource. I would also advertise in horse magazines, websites, etc.

I will work mostly out of my home. I am very, very fortunate!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,545 times
It is great to work out of the home, done it for the past 35 yrs. Works well with kids and critters, it is just getting use to "going to the office" routine.

Agents wont spend the money here to adv. in magazines and extra websites, they think putting it in the MLS is enough. Had to laugh at the one gal I thought I wanted to list with, she told me to pay the extra for adv on top of her 6% if I wanted to adv. I asked her how she expected to sell anything without adv. and all I got back was MLS< MLS<MLS.

Ayyeee........Well I do wish you much success in your new Career!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
It is great to work out of the home, done it for the past 35 yrs. Works well with kids and critters, it is just getting use to "going to the office" routine.

Agents wont spend the money here to adv. in magazines and extra websites, they think putting it in the MLS is enough. Had to laugh at the one gal I thought I wanted to list with, she told me to pay the extra for adv on top of her 6% if I wanted to adv. I asked her how she expected to sell anything without adv. and all I got back was MLS< MLS<MLS.

Ayyeee........Well I do wish you much success in your new Career!!!
Thank you so much.

Years ago, I worked out of my home as reporter, and back then I had screaming kids. I once phone interviewed the governor while I had a kid hanging off the freezer door, screaming, "I want a freeze pop!" All I have left is a quiet nine-year-old. This I can handle!

Try to find horse association websites that have low-cost advertising. It would be worth it. There is a buyer for your house. You just have to find each other.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,077,227 times
Unhappy Now I did it...........

Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 PM

How cute!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:57 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,352,118 times
Cow Poop makes your feet grow.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:56 AM

4,704 posts, read 25,312,579 times
Default When you need a laugh

Go to www.peopleofwalmart.com
It is truly amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville