Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 04:06 PM

17 posts, read 64,997 times

Advertisements

Hey, guys! I'm currently a student at Auburn University, so I know I'd be in 'enemy territory' by moving to Knoxville but I am considering it because I am from New Jersey and the most economical thing would be for me to stay in the south. I do not want to stay in Auburn or Alabama, because I feel I've experienced this area enough already and would like to settle down and have a family somewhere else. I'm graduating this May (2009) so any information you have regarding young professionals would be greatly appreciated! Also, I have a few questions..

1) What is the single life like?
2) Is it a very family oriented city?
3) I'm not sure if many students live off of campus or not, but here in Auburn they do and there are not many nice apartments or condos for rent, unless you are a student. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed living in apartments here in Auburn but I'm not sure I want to be involved in the 'college way of living' for much longer. Basically, is it just a university town or is there more to it?

Any other information you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

-Nikki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 05:27 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,318,604 times
Definitely more than a college town. In fact, it doesn't really impact my life. Most of the time, I forget there is a college here.

Lots of apartments for students, but mostly for everyone else.

It is a college and family town and everyone else, too. We moved here to raise our daughter. I highly recommend it! I'm a northeasterner, too.

I have no idea what the single life would be like. Sorry.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:48 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,390,898 times
Go War Eagles, Plainsmen, or Tigers, yes you would love Knoxville, and agree with Hiknapster, a great place to settle down and raise a family, once you make the change. One of my agents, also a neighbors, is from Auburn, and loves it here. I can introduce you, and I went to the Plains for a visit, and you will love Knoxville. Apts living is in any style you like and prices. Many Churches, have several places for young adults to get involved, and my Church, has the largest ministry at UT, called Volunteers for Christ, and that brings hundreds in every Sunday, and they all have a great bond, and a great time, and are all real, and would make you feel down home, almost like being in the Plains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: