Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 04:23 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,667,923 times

Advertisements

I'm wrong with the number but saw on the news that people are outraged. Some new development in east Knox with 400+ houses coming on not a very large plot of land.

I checked on a map, it's pretty far out there.

Look, I get it. I wouldn't be happy either. But none of these complainers, homeowners at least, seem to realize this will make their houses likely skyrocket in value. The news literally said (and duh, as we know) "there's nowhere else to build."

And it trickles down to all of us who own homes. Halls and Powell, Harden Valley will go up even more and West Knoxville has already approached ridiculousness, I guess it will go even higher too.

Any new nice houses basically anywhere near people are GOOD for a homeowner, money wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 06:58 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,583,688 times
It's the traffic, Mister 7. It's mostly 2 lane roads in NE Knox county. Or is this a location that's easily accessible to I-40?

Old 07-14-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
It's the traffic, Mister 7. It's mostly 2 lane roads in NE Knox county. Or is this a location that's easily accessible to I-40?
Definitely a part of it, for sure. You don't have to tell me, I live where it's awful. I believe this new area is close to Asheville Highway, though.

My issue with Harden Valley, while super nice, is that you have to get on an interstate/Pell to get to anything in Knoxville. This might be like that, but Ashville Hwy.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:49 AM

404 posts, read 380,713 times
Do you have a link to the story?

Old 07-14-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnmo View Post
Do you have a link to the story?
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/co...8-2503b7d85cb4

I certainly don't blame people for not wanting it but like I said, it will make homeowners wealthier across all of town.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:00 PM

127 posts, read 142,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Any new nice houses basically anywhere near people are GOOD for a homeowner, money wise.

I don't disagree with that. It's also good for prospective homeowners who are currently battling a market where demand far exceeds supply. Perhaps more homes being built will temper the inventory shortage.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemediceric View Post
I don't disagree with that. It's also good for prospective homeowners who are currently battling a market where demand far exceeds supply. Perhaps more homes being built will temper the inventory shortage.
Knoxville needs 40,000 homes in the next 20 or 30 years to keep up with population growth, at least that's what WBIR was saying. $$$$$$$$$$$.

Knoxville is expanding like I never thought possible, it's sort of insane. My house in Westland area has appreciated 50% in four years. They keep cramming everywhere in around my area too and I don't really like it either but when they're done and people moved in etc. it doesn't bother me. I dealt with Los Angeles for 2 years.... I can handle traffic. That said, Westland Drive facing downtown by Pellissippi and that Weigles is horrendous. The line goes all the way back to where that...., well where that brand new huge nice neighborhood is that they're expanding even more.

Also about our growth for example, when I was a teenager late 1990s friends and I would drive like maniacs on back roads. Of course those were mistakes and I do not condone that, but today you just couldn't do it the same bc of so much more traffic and so many new developments. Also, it seems like every other vehicle is a $60,000+ truck or SUV in West Knoxville.

Old 07-14-2021, 03:08 PM

11 posts, read 14,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I'm wrong with the number but saw on the news that people are outraged. Some new development in east Knox with 400+ houses coming on not a very large plot of land.

I checked on a map, it's pretty far out there.

Look, I get it. I wouldn't be happy either. But none of these complainers, homeowners at least, seem to realize this will make their houses likely skyrocket in value. The news literally said (and duh, as we know) "there's nowhere else to build."

And it trickles down to all of us who own homes. Halls and Powell, Harden Valley will go up even more and West Knoxville has already approached ridiculousness, I guess it will go even higher too.

Sometimes people like the community as is, or maybe would even prefer it smaller.

If you appreciated my house value by 50% but changed where I live into a dense urban city, the tradeoffs would far outweigh the benefit of the extra value.

There is more to consider than just money.

Old 07-14-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBassH97 View Post
Sometimes people like the community as is, or maybe would even prefer it smaller.

If you appreciated my house value by 50% but changed where I live into a dense urban city, the tradeoffs would far outweigh the benefit of the extra value.

There is more to consider than just money.

Oh I live in seclusion, corner lot. 50 foot evergreens on the sides. Woods behind my house.

Yeah I'd love to live in the middle of nowhere, TRUST ME. Walk naked as a bear out on my patio and shoot guns lol if I felt like it. But I have my seclusion here and then everything in West Knoxville 5-10 minutes away..

We both look at money different, just saying. Buying a house, making money off it is my main goal. Living in it and enjoying it, just cherries on top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville