Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:28 PM

811 posts, read 2,009,682 times

Advertisements

Have a few for you--anything that anyone can tell me would be very much appreciated!

Edgewood Ave- 37917

Pleasant Knoll Lane- 37915

Iroquois St- 37915

and then one in Corryton-if anyone knows-- Gibbs Estates sub-D--
The house here is VERY VERY inexpensive but we have no idea what the inside looks like yet--I know it is a bit of a drive from Knoxville--anyone make this commute and can give me a realistic time? Mapquest "says" 32 min--we all know how that goes...lol

Thanks in Advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 04:40 AM

6,350 posts, read 11,583,688 times
Edgewood has better schools and more "walkability".

Just so's you know, one of the worst housing projects is located at McConnell & MLK. There is talk about it being torn down in the future but it affects the quality of life nearby in the present.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:53 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Have a few for you--anything that anyone can tell me would be very much appreciated!

Edgewood Ave- 37917

Pleasant Knoll Lane- 37915

Iroquois St- 37915

and then one in Corryton-if anyone knows-- Gibbs Estates sub-D--
The house here is VERY VERY inexpensive but we have no idea what the inside looks like yet--I know it is a bit of a drive from Knoxville--anyone make this commute and can give me a realistic time? Mapquest "says" 32 min--we all know how that goes...lol

Thanks in Advance!!
I live a couple of blocks from Edgewood. I love this part of town. It's full of smaller, neat homes that were built primarily in the 1940s-50s. There's a really nice park on Edgewood.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:37 PM

okay, so would he 37915 zip code be the area considered "east knoxville" that there is usually all the "talk" about being the rough section of knoxville? And is Edgewood Ave area far enough away from that bearing in mind that I have 3 young boys? I want them to have some place where they can play in the neighborhhod without panicking everytime they walk out the door.

I am trying desperately to get out of the mindset of what I know "here" is different than things there, but I just want the best for my boys

Thanks for the help so far!!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:32 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,583,688 times
I checked out Pleasant Knoll lane today, it's a new little subdivision on a cul-de-sac. Cute houses & well kept yards. Trash quotient close to 0. It didn't surprise me that a couple of the homes that backed up to the industries on McConell had bars on the the windows. East of there, along Brooks are some nice well kept homes of 60's -70s vintage, kind of like the Brady bunch with a tan. This is a predominately African American neighborhood. West of McConell the homes aren't so well kept up.

Iriqois is mostly modest 2 BR homes with a few larger newer homes. I only drove half of it due to utility construction. Trash quotient 2-3 due to some yards that needed mowing.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:19 AM

Creeksitter, YOU are awesome. Thank you!! I could deal with a few un-mowed yards, I suppose...

Looking at a place in Fountain City on (I think) Oak Chase Rd...it is being sold by someone on Moderator cut: text --- they are trying to make a move due to hubby's relocation so they may be willing to do a lease purchase...sounds like a cute place. There are just so many options right now-which is nice because there is less compromising!

As for a job update--hubby had a phone interview yesterday and may POSSIBLY be able to do al interviews/testing/etc here in MD for a job with Sears down there--We should know something by next week--I could potentially be your "neighbor" by the middle of June!! : )

Thanks again!!

Last edited by Beretta; 05-15-2008 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: removed text

Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Creeksitter, YOU are awesome. Thank you!! I could deal with a few un-mowed yards, I suppose...

Looking at a place in Fountain City on (I think) Oak Chase Rd...it is being sold by someone on Moderator cut: text --- they are trying to make a move due to hubby's relocation so they may be willing to do a lease purchase...sounds like a cute place. There are just so many options right now-which is nice because there is less compromising!

As for a job update--hubby had a phone interview yesterday and may POSSIBLY be able to do al interviews/testing/etc here in MD for a job with Sears down there--We should know something by next week--I could potentially be your "neighbor" by the middle of June!! : )

Thanks again!!
Good luck to your husband on the job!

I love Fountain City and think it's a wonderful place to live. However, Oak Chase Rd isn't in Fountain City, although it's not too far away. It's in Halls. In fact, it's on the other side of Halls from Fountain City. That's not a bad thing, it's just a technicality. It's certainly a beautiful area, lots of hills and woods, and you're convenient to lots of shopping--Wal-Mart, KMart, Home Depot, Kroger, etc.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-15-2008 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 05-15-2008, 07:03 AM

I had my street names mixed up--it is just "Oak Rd"

We actually looked at a house on Oak Chase when we were down there a few months ago, lol.

Too much looking-I am starting to confuse myself!!

I will keep u all posted on the job thing--hoping we will hear about whether we can do all the interview stuff up here by the end of the week!

Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I had my street names mixed up--it is just "Oak Rd"

We actually looked at a house on Oak Chase when we were down there a few months ago, lol.

Too much looking-I am starting to confuse myself!!

I will keep u all posted on the job thing--hoping we will hear about whether we can do all the interview stuff up here by the end of the week!
Ah, yes Oak Road is in Fountain City! It's in a very hilly, thickly wooded area of Fountain City, not too far from Fountain City Elementary and Gresham Middle School. Some of the homes have rather steep yards and driveways, others have more level lawns but probably all sloped to a certain degree. It's a very nice area.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:49 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Quote:

They want $145,900. Nice neighborhood, nice upgrades, but at 1,560 square feet it might be slightly overpriced.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-15-2008 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville