Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 03:24 PM

39 posts, read 71,146 times

Advertisements

Is Knoxville TN good place to raise teenagers? Are there racism issues? Does Bearden High & Bearden Middle School have any racism issues? Is it clean and southern?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 10:00 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,377,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup214 View Post
Is Knoxville TN good place to raise teenagers? Are there racism issues? Does Bearden High & Bearden Middle School have any racism issues? Is it clean and southern?
There has been a lot written about your questions over the years. If you want in-depth answers, just above, a bit towards the right, in the blue bar, you'll see "Search." Click on that, click on "Advanced search." Put in keyword "racism." Then, on the right-hand side, click on Tennessee and then Knoxville.

To quickly answer your questions, for now.

1) Yes! (I'm raising one.)
2) Not really. Nothing beyond the normal crap that comes from a few, just like any city or town in this country. In fact, there is prejudice throughout the world. But, once again, not really. I've seen worse up north.
3) No. My daughter went to one of those schools. No issues.
4) Clean? I'm not sure how to answer that. It's not filthy. I guess I would say it is clean. Is it southern? Well, it is in the South. There are people from all over the world here, probably due to the university, Oak Ridge National Laboratory and other factors. It hasn't been overtaken like Florida, however.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 AM

110 posts, read 213,915 times
Both of my children attended Bearden Middle and are now at Bearden High. They are not a minority race so I can't speak to whether or not they feel they've experienced racism. I will say both schools are very racially diverse, Bearden Middle more so than Bearden High. We've had great experiences at both schools & I feel like they've gotten great educations.

Not sure what you mean by clean and southern? Happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:11 PM

Thanks for answering me. Thanks for that information

When I mean by clean I’m kind of referring to Alpharetta Ga.

Me, my mother and sister is going up in a couple of weeks to look at homes and to look around. We already went to Ga. Its alright just totally different like its dark and to much traffic like omg. To much.. Just to much . But anyways back to what i was saying! My mother wants to check out Tn before we make a move. So my job is to find somewhere that’s nice and affordable. Knoxville seems nice but I would like to know another nice city.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:06 PM

Dark?

Old 02-03-2015, 01:19 PM

Yea...

Old 02-03-2015, 03:00 PM

Yeah, what? What do you mean "like its (sic) dark?" There are too many blacks? The days are short? What?

Old 02-03-2015, 08:44 PM

..... No comment -.-
Go Away Your so negative.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,487,573 times
TN has some of the friendliest people on earth, I love it.. I am moving to Nashville this summer but my girlfriend is from Knoxvillle and she loves it.. its an amazing place to grow up near the Smokies.. I am sure you will love but come visit it here before you move here to decide.. try it out. Take care and good luck

Old 02-04-2015, 07:12 AM

383 posts, read 920,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup214 View Post
..... No comment -.-
Go Away Your so negative.

LMAO!

PleaseDon'tMoveHere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville