Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 07:45 AM

27 posts, read 45,802 times

Advertisements

We are moving this year, although we have not yet found a house I'm hopeful that we will find something on our next trip this summer! We would appreciate opinions on bank and credit union options in the Knoxville area. Also, if you know of any credit unions that are available for retirees that would be great! We will need the basics, savings and checking. We are really interested in your opinions on who provides you with the best service. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 07:25 AM

15 posts, read 37,590 times
My husband and I belong to TVA federal credit union. So far, we really love it. The only joining requirement is to be a resident of one of the following counties: Blount, Jefferson, Loudon, Sevier, Hamblen, Knox, Roane and Sullivan as well as Johnson City. https://www.tvacreditunion.com/index1.html

Old 06-08-2014, 07:34 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJake View Post
We are moving this year, although we have not yet found a house I'm hopeful that we will find something on our next trip this summer! We would appreciate opinions on bank and credit union options in the Knoxville area. Also, if you know of any credit unions that are available for retirees that would be great! We will need the basics, savings and checking. We are really interested in your opinions on who provides you with the best service. Thanks for your help!
There are several threads that contain suggestions and here is a thread on the subject: https://www.city-data.com/forum/knoxv...dit-union.html

We have an account at TVA and like them better than ORNL. First TN is "ok" but doesn't make me do a dance or anything. We actually closed our account there. We mostly bank at two credit unions that are out of town because they are so incredibly outstanding (USAA and Eastman).

Best of luck and safe travels to you and yours!

Old 06-08-2014, 10:53 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
If looking at the old thread, I now use ORNL Federal Credit Union. I really like them because they are very friendly, they have free checking and very convenient hours, with some of the branches in Kroger and Food City open until 7 pm on weekdays and until 5 pm on Saturdays.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:37 PM

745 posts, read 1,719,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
If looking at the old thread, I now use ORNL Federal Credit Union. I really like them because they are very friendly, they have free checking and very convenient hours, with some of the branches in Kroger and Food City open until 7 pm on weekdays and until 5 pm on Saturdays.
They also have great loan rates for autos, and depending on one's credit score, 1.69 per cent for an auto as old as 2009.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:39 PM

213 posts, read 551,131 times
I have accounts in both TVA credit union and Home Federal Bank and really like both of them. I had an account with 1st TN after they took over the old Valley Bank. On two occasions they made mistakes on my accounts. I also had a car loan with them and after a year, they decided that I didn't have insurance. It took several calls to Memphis (because no one in Knoxville can help) from my insurance agent and myself to get it finally straighten out. After my wife and I were married, guess what, the same thing happened all over again with her car.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:37 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
We use BB&T and had a wonderful experience getting our home loan through them. I know that's not a sentence you see very often, but they were great, quick, and easy to work with. They don't sell their mortgages either. They have branches pretty much all over, including right down the road from us. I love that the employees actually greet me by name on the rare occasion that I need to go inside!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville