Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,169 times

Advertisements

Gem, the last time my mouse did that, it turned out that I needed new batteries in it!! Two AA's later and everything worked fine!! Might be worth a try!!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:35 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Gem, the last time my mouse did that, it turned out that I needed new batteries in it!! Two AA's later and everything worked fine!! Might be worth a try!!
New batteries reinvigorate the mouse. Ask me, I know. And, sometimes you don't get a warning of 'low' battery beforehand. Hope the fix is just that simple and easy.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:52 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Hello, helloo, hellooooo, geez I leave for a minute to muck the stalls and come back and nooooooooone is home.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:09 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
I'm here!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
I'm here toooooooooooooo

Old 06-26-2008, 06:33 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times
I'm back, had to go take care of a work issue. Getting ready to dig into my latest batch of library books though. (have I mentioned lately how much I love the Blount County Library?)

Old 06-26-2008, 06:54 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
New batteries reinvigorate the mouse. Ask me, I know. And, sometimes you don't get a warning of 'low' battery beforehand. Hope the fix is just that simple and easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Yeow! I wish that would work. My son went out and bought me a new mouse to see if that would solve it. NO!!

Even my laptop fingerpad mouse won't show me the cursor once it travels into a fill-in area - like this posting box. I have to guess about where it is and then left click.

Then, my flashing upright positioner has to moved into the right spot to type using my up-down, right-left arrows. Me thinks it is the computer. My son said he was having the same problem with it when he was using it. (Thanks, son, what a thoughtful gift.)

He would just go in and set up a new account as an administrator and the new administrator desktop worked fine - for awhile. Then, when he lost the cursor he would set up another user account (8 in all).

I have done that once already and set up a new one today when this started, but I have the same problem on any user's desktop now!

Did I mention that the laptop is 6 years old and has a wiggley crack right across the entire screen? Thankfully, in the evening I can use our desktop computer when Jeff comes up for air, but during the day this laptop is my only option - other than the public library. Yes, they know me there in the computer room.

I really wanted to take this with me on our trip next week, so I wouldn't have to use the ones in the hotels and at my son's homes. Oh, well. If you don't hear from me very often you'll know why!

Hik, you'll have to send me smoke signals to let me know how the house is.

SMG, I am sooo glad you are using that beautiful library! It is one of the finest small town libraries I have ever been in. Jeff uses ours here twice a week - 2 books at a time. He started with all of the "A" authors and is now in the "Hs".

(You would not believe how hard it was to highlight your names using these goofy up-down arrows.)

Old 06-26-2008, 07:13 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times
Gem, sounds like the fix won't be so simple. Computers have a strangle-hold on our lives now days. Just when we think the world is treating us well, then the computer decides to take a dive. I emphatize for sure. Sending hugs your way!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
I hope you'll get the computers fixed, mine locked up tighter than a drum. Tell you about a talk I just had with my neighbor. He walks in I am eating breaksfast, yes its 8 p.m., got a late start 'cuz of barn duties, he tells me no thats dinner you cant eat dinner past high noon, I said oh you mean lunch, he says well you are eating supper. so now are you as confused as me.?? I said to him What do you like for breakfast, He tells me eggs 'n suasage and good biscuit, I point to my plate and said what is this he says it looks like breakfast but why are you eating breakfast for supper. On that and the fact that the wheel keeps falling off my chair I say Good Night All & take care.

Gem- that baby is okay, just under 8 pounds but momma's having a hard time with blood pressure still...

Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I hope you'll get the computers fixed, mine locked up tighter than a drum. Tell you about a talk I just had with my neighbor. He walks in I am eating breaksfast, yes its 8 p.m., got a late start 'cuz of barn duties, he tells me no thats dinner you cant eat dinner past high noon, I said oh you mean lunch, he says well you are eating supper. so now are you as confused as me.?? I said to him What do you like for breakfast, He tells me eggs 'n suasage and good biscuit, I point to my plate and said what is this he says it looks like breakfast but why are you eating breakfast for supper. On that and the fact that the wheel keeps falling off my chair I say Good Night All & take care.

Gem- that baby is okay, just under 8 pounds but momma's having a hard time with blood pressure still...
Funny, funny neighbor, Painter! You'll have to invite him over sometime for a real supper. Pancakes and scrabble gravy! My dad used to make it for us kids when my mom worked late on Friday nights! What a treat. I bet your neighbor would love it.

I am so glad to hear that the baby is okay, but the high blood pressure for momma is not good. I hope they get it down overnight for her. I'll keep her in my prayers tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville