Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 08:15 AM

780 posts, read 1,767,913 times

Advertisements

Bones, glad you were snug as a bug and that you didnt lose any tree's, I could not believe the pics of the ice, it was beautiful though although I'm sure dangerous. Glad you are fine.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:12 AM

204 posts, read 581,419 times
Good morning everyone. Gailli, did your daughter and grandson come to visit? I love a rainy day as it will make my flowers grow and makes me feel lazy. Bebette I know you wish the rain would go away so you can get your house built faster.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn405 View Post
Good morning everyone. Gailli, did your daughter and grandson come to visit? I love a rainy day as it will make my flowers grow and makes me feel lazy. Bebette I know you wish the rain would go away so you can get your house built faster.

Hope all is well with everyone.
TN405, actually the timing of the rain has worked in our favor!! The weekdays have been clear and the rain has been on the weekends. I talked to our builder on Wednesday evening and the roof is on, so now they can work inside on rainy days!! I talked with the ac/heat guy and he has done all the ductwork and will be putting the furnace in the attic this week and will finish everything except putting the heat pump outside, which will be done later in the process. The electrician was also there this week and did all of the wiring for electricity and satellite and phones!! So things are moving right along!!

We will stop by there on our way back home on Tuesday, and our builder wants me to go ahead and pick out my bathroom mirrors and light fixtures so the electrician can finish with their placement!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:48 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,913 times
TN405, family will be here Wed evening, to say I'm excited is an understatement. I cannot wait to get that Grandson in my arms and not to mention my Grandaughter that I raised, she is 18 now, hard to believe, I cannot wait to see her and my two daughters, going to be so much fun, wish they were staying longer though.

Bebette, great news on the house, I'm still staking out my chair for the fireworks on your porch, put my name on it

Old 03-14-2009, 06:01 PM

Gailli, I know you are going to have a wonderful week with family!!!

And, don't worry, there will be a chair waiting for you!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:34 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,074,968 times
Good Evening Knoxville!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:46 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,685,503 times
Gailli--Enjoy your family and that cute grandson before he grows up!

Bebette--Wow! What progress on your new home. And, weather cooperating? What a phenomenon! Hope there's room for another chair or two on the front porch?!!

We drove home in the rain from Knoxville to Macon. But, here safely and into the warmer weather--80+ and rainy tonight. I know you would like those temps. Windows open tonight.

We enjoyed relatives visiting and the few sunny days. I know the grass, trees and plants are thrilled with the rain.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 AM

Suzanne, there will always be room for y'all too!!! Glad that you made it home safely!! Will your next trip be the time that you are here to stay?????

It has rained and been freezing cold here on OBX ever since we arrived!!!! We are looking forward to heading back towards home tomorrow!! Looks like we'll be greeted with 72 degree temps when we get home!!! YAY!!!!!

Gailli, I know you are getting so excited for your family to arrive!!! Enjoy every minute and take lots of pictures!!!

Hubby and I have decided to skip the St. Patrick's Day parade this afternoon, since it is so cold and rainy!! Instead, we'll be warm and dry in our oceanfront condo, watching the VOLS play Miss. St.!! GO VOLS!!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 11:38 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,685,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Suzanne, there will always be room for y'all too!!! Glad that you made it home safely!! Will your next trip be the time that you are here to stay?????

It has rained and been freezing cold here on OBX ever since we arrived!!!! We are looking forward to heading back towards home tomorrow!! Looks like we'll be greeted with 72 degree temps when we get home!!! YAY!!!!!

Gailli, I know you are getting so excited for your family to arrive!!! Enjoy every minute and take lots of pictures!!!

Hubby and I have decided to skip the St. Patrick's Day parade this afternoon, since it is so cold and rainy!! Instead, we'll be warm and dry in our oceanfront condo, watching the VOLS play Miss. St.!! GO VOLS!!!!!

Next trip is one step closer to permanancy! House becoming more like home each time we visit. Next trip we will be there a minimum of four weeks. Who knows? Cataract surgeries await dh up return.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,074,968 times
Good Afternoon.....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville