Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 AM

5 posts, read 10,427 times

Advertisements

From what I can figure out..Knoxville MUST be the place to move TO.
I am a single woman transferring with my company to Knoxville around January or Febuary. I have been searching the net to find a house to buy or rent. I will be working around the Coster Yards area. Been some what working with a local real estate agent..But could use some advice from the locals.
How is Clinton?? Like the looks of the houses there..but also VERY tempted to live in Knoxville proper. I like the urban, downtown area along with the bungalow style houses. Found a few on ALMA but my realtor says stay away. From all the blogs Ive read so far..everyone has been very helpful...Could you stand to help another fed up Floridian out and let me know where a single, middle aged woman could feel comfortable living a modest live stlye??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 AM

812 posts, read 1,682,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela2203 View Post
and let me know where a single, middle aged woman could feel comfortable living a modest live stlye??
My House?

Just kidding, my wife would have a fit. Maryville is Very nice and so is Clinton.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:28 AM

4 posts, read 12,672 times
Clinton is nice and parts of Oak Ridge, Powell. As for Knoxville the South area has great value. I know you are working with a realtor and that is great. I am also a realtor (not soliciting ) just disclosing. If I can answer any questions please feel free to ask.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 AM

13,383 posts, read 40,177,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela2203 View Post
From what I can figure out..Knoxville MUST be the place to move TO.
I am a single woman transferring with my company to Knoxville around January or Febuary. I have been searching the net to find a house to buy or rent. I will be working around the Coster Yards area. Been some what working with a local real estate agent..But could use some advice from the locals.
How is Clinton?? Like the looks of the houses there..but also VERY tempted to live in Knoxville proper. I like the urban, downtown area along with the bungalow style houses. Found a few on ALMA but my realtor says stay away. From all the blogs Ive read so far..everyone has been very helpful...Could you stand to help another fed up Floridian out and let me know where a single, middle aged woman could feel comfortable living a modest live stlye??
I live fairly close to Coster Yards and LOVE it. Check out the Fairmont/Emoriland neighborhood, it's right in town, it's affordable, it's clean, safe, and it's super convenient to just about everything--Coster Yards, a brand new Target, Home Depot, supermarkets, etc. There are several single women from my church who live in that neighborhood and plan on staying there the rest of their lives.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:57 AM

I cant Thank you all enough. I hoping to be in Knoxville right after Christmas..And think I will rent an apt for the first year until I get a feel for the city and finally decide where I feel most comfortable...
Thanks again...Angela

Old 11-11-2007, 07:59 PM

213 posts, read 553,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I live fairly close to Coster Yards and LOVE it. Check out the Fairmont/Emoriland neighborhood, it's right in town, it's affordable, it's clean, safe, and it's super convenient to just about everything--Coster Yards, a brand new Target, Home Depot, supermarkets, etc. There are several single women from my church who live in that neighborhood and plan on staying there the rest of their lives.
I couldn’t agree more. This is the area that immediately came to mind when I was reading angela2203’s opening post.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:45 PM

13,383 posts, read 40,177,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntim View Post
I couldn’t agree more. This is the area that immediately came to mind when I was reading angela2203’s opening post.
It's a great neighborhood, isn't it? I love the old houses, the sidewalks, the tree-lined streets, the convenience, and the feeling of a true neighborhood that permeates the area. You know, neighbors know each other, mothers take their babies for walks during the day, people sit on their front porches as the sun sets (well, maybe not at this time of the year). This part of Knoxville is blessed to have these kinds of neighborhoods.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 PM

Thanks JMT...Sounds like its just what IM looking for..Older homes..sidewalks..Mature trees and good neighbors.I cant wait to get to Tennessee..It will be almost like going home..

Old 11-14-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post

Would this be in the Whittle Springs Golf Course ?? Could you give me a few landmarks...street names..or borders of the above area ?? Thanks..Angela

Last edited by angela2203; 11-14-2007 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: forgot a few words

Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 AM

The Whittle Springs Golf Course AREA ?? Zip codes would make searching a little easier..along with street names that border the area mentioned...
Thanks for all your help..Angela
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville