Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 AM

10 posts, read 24,207 times

Advertisements

Looks like we are relocating this summer. I need to find a preschool (preferably around west Knox mall). It can be west of the mall but not too far. Prefer also that it is not too much north of Kingston Pike. HoPe this makes sense. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 PM
BST

451 posts, read 1,202,874 times
Rocky Hill Elementary School - Knoxville, Tennessee - TN - School overview

I think this fits the bill. It's south of Kingston Pike, just a mile or two behind West Town Mall.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 PM

BST - thank you for your quick response...I think Rocky Hill is an elementary school, not a preschool. I'll keep looking..

Old 04-10-2012, 09:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Actually, Knox County schools have Pre-K. Rocky Hill doesn't but West Hills does.

Knox County Schools - Voluntary Pre Kindergarten Overview

Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 AM

110 posts, read 213,415 times
I"m going to chime in since you're talking about my neck of the woods. Most preschools in that area are church based, just FYI. In my humble opinion , West Hills Baptist is the best. They have the SACS accreditation and all teachers are licensed. It can be difficult to get into so you literally might have to camp out the night before open enrollment. I was standing in line at Post Office over Christmas talking to a lady w/ a 4yr old who goes there. She was telling me she camped out. Turns out she's the wife of the head coach of UT basketball. LOL. Yes, in full disclosure, my kids went there and we had a FANTASTIC experience. Other good preschools include Central Baptist Bearden, St. Marks UMC, Cedar Springs Presbyterian, Cokesbury UMC. They are are all "preschool programs," not full-time day cares. All of our friends attended one or another of these programs and I've never heard any major complaints about any of them.

If I can provide any other information, please let me know. I'd be happy to help!

Last edited by EastTNSuthernBelle; 04-11-2012 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: Grammar! :(

Old 04-11-2012, 07:55 AM

Oh...I'm also going to follow-up with this. Alot of kids at West Hills Baptist go on to easily test into the top private schools in Knoxville. My kids, however, have attended public school, Rocky Hill Elementary and Bearden Middle and I feel they've gotten great educations thus far. Sometimes the percerption is these programs, and west Knoxville in general, can be rather snotty. I think it's an unfortunate stero-type. Just my opinion.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTNSuthernBelle View Post
Oh...I'm also going to follow-up with this. Alot of kids at West Hills Baptist go on to easily test into the top private schools in Knoxville. My kids, however, have attended public school, Rocky Hill Elementary and Bearden Middle and I feel they've gotten great educations thus far. Sometimes the percerption is these programs, and west Knoxville in general, can be rather snotty. I think it's an unfortunate stero-type. Just my opinion.
I've never found anyone in West Knoxville people to be snotty. Some folks on here, over the years, have said that Farragut folks are snotty, too, but I've never experienced it.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 AM

I'm glad you haven't experienced it Hik. As I've said on this forum before, I've certainly run across folks on this forum and in real life that have a certain perception about my life b/c of where my kids have gone to school. West Hills Baptist is a fantastic program and a lot of the kids (because of the demographic) go straight from there to Webb or CAK. But that's not the norm...it's just the perception (by some).

Old 04-24-2012, 06:21 PM

Thank you so much for your replies...anyone know of a good realtor? Preferably one that you have actually worked with and had a good experience.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:23 PM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pungdoy View Post
Thank you so much for your replies...anyone know of a good realtor? Preferably one that you have actually worked with and had a good experience.
Since it is against the forum rules to post realtor recommendations, if anyone has a realtor to recommend for the above poster, please send it to him/her via Direct Message. Thanks.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville