Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 2,395 times

Advertisements

We are planning a week in the Sevierville area in late July or early August. My husband is a knife collector and wants to visit the knife museum down there, and we are planning to rent a cabin in the mountains. Does anyone have a suggestion for a small cabin that is clean, in a pretty area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,353,160 times
Lots and lots of cabins. You might get some recommendations on here but most locals rarely rent cabins. It happens but I think you are far better off to check out TripAdvisor. Years ago I was on there a lot and I can tell you that there are so many darn cabins that even on there it comes down to personal preference. However, you will probably get a good idea of the best companies and the ones to probably stay away from.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,395 times
Thanks. Maybe I misunderstand this forum. Also I think I wrote my post kind of goofy. I wasn't really looking for someone to rent from on the forum. I was hoping some locals could just recommend some places that rent cabins. Thanks for the response though.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,832,359 times
I think all the rental companies' cabins are clean and in a pretty area. If you google Smoky Mountain Cabins, I think you'll get a ton of websites to look thru. We rented a cabin years ago but I don't think that company was any better than the others. What hik meant was most locals don't rent cabins in order to give you good advice. Most cabins are "in" the mountains so I don't know what kind of view you want. My parents rented a cabin in Cosby once, with an amazing view....a good company will have a website that will tell you if they have mountain views or not. I agree - check TripAdvisor.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:09 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,254,682 times
Ditto Devil and Hik.

We may visit tourist type attractions from time to time but we don't typically have a need for a cabin rental as we all live close enough for day trips. Enjoy your trip

Old 03-04-2012, 04:14 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,355,706 times
Before Bill and I moved here, we rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge for a week. I do not remember the name of the rental company, it had Black bear in the title, I found them online by googling. It was everything that was posted on the web site and we had no complaints. It was fun playing tourist in Pigeon Forge for a week.
Pam

Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 AM

71 posts, read 122,575 times
I found some cabins for rent on Craigslist, most lead to major rental companies. I'm going back down in April for a week and I rented a cabin (no frills but they'll take the dog) which is great. They have all kinds of cabins it just depends what you want to spend. We just went to the knife museum in December,,,BF loved it. We spent several hours there and didn't even see everything. If you get bored the outlets are across the parking lot, I know Lodge Logic is on the corner and a few others I can't remember.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:04 PM

135 posts, read 293,870 times
We've rented a cabin for my Husband's birthday a few years ago from Fire Side Chalet on Wears Valley and it was expensive but a very nice, clean cabin. My friend's parents has worked at Hidden Mountains for like 20 years + so I would check them out as well. Just be prepared to pay out the --- for a cabin. They do not come cheap and definitely don't offer discounts for us hard paying locals- we deserve some fun too and not just all work...

Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM

345 posts, read 923,717 times
Just a suggestion, you can try VRBO. It's vaction rentals by owners. There are alot of individuals who live here in Sevier Co. that own one or two cabins and simply rent them out.

There are several realty companies that rent cabins as well.

If you are looking for something specific, like in a certain area, I know a person who owns cabins. PM me and I'll be happy to provide his contact info.

Have a great vacation!
We appreciate you spending it in Sevier County!

Old 03-08-2012, 03:38 PM

121 posts, read 314,240 times
You can try Eden Crest's website. They cater to Bear Creek Crossing (which is gated) and Black Bear Ridge Resorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville