Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 10:23 AM

33 posts, read 134,173 times

Advertisements

Well we finally have our home sold here in NE Pennsylvania and our plans are coming together.
We will be building in Surgoinsville, Tennessee starting this summer ! The land was purchased last year and we spent last summer clearing off about an acre for the building site.
Lots to do yet, but we are planning on the move mid July. We will be staying with family in the tri-cities area while I build, I am a general contractor and plan on building myself with local subs once I am able to develop a network in the local area.
My wife and I are very excited and have been looking towards this time for several years now.
The hardest part has been cleaning out the house and tool sheds, it is amazing what one 'collects' over the years.
I want to thank all the folks here, who have been so helpful to us in our quest for finding 'the right place'. Without this forum the task would have been quite large.
Again my thanks and I look forward with my wife to a truly great time in Northeast Tennessee!
Regards,
Snapline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 12:01 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,328 times
Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news!!!
I know exactly what you mean about "collecting" things. It just kind of accumulates no matter what you do.
So you are planning on begining to build in July? Does that mean your home will be done by the end of the year? Maybe y'all can have Christmas in your new home in your new home state. That would be a wonderful Christmas gift!!! Remember to be super safe while moving. I'm so happy for y'all!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 02:48 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapline View Post
Well we finally have our home sold here in NE Pennsylvania and our plans are coming together.
We will be building in Surgoinsville, Tennessee starting this summer ! The land was purchased last year and we spent last summer clearing off about an acre for the building site.
Lots to do yet, but we are planning on the move mid July. We will be staying with family in the tri-cities area while I build, I am a general contractor and plan on building myself with local subs once I am able to develop a network in the local area.
My wife and I are very excited and have been looking towards this time for several years now.
The hardest part has been cleaning out the house and tool sheds, it is amazing what one 'collects' over the years.
I want to thank all the folks here, who have been so helpful to us in our quest for finding 'the right place'. Without this forum the task would have been quite large.
Again my thanks and I look forward with my wife to a truly great time in Northeast Tennessee!
Regards,
Snapline
Wow. It really amazes me when I read this. I grew up in and around Church Hill, TN and was born in Kingsport. I haven't lived there since 1990 (left when I was 18 for the military), but growing up there and visiting my grandmother, aunts and uncles in Surgoinsville, I thought I lived in the worst place on the planet.
I really thought it was the middle of nowhere and I just had to get out of there. Looking back now--and visiting today--I realize what an absolutely gorgeous part of the country I grew up in. Those hills and valleys in Hawkins County are some of the most serene and beautiful I've seen--and I've travelled to about every state. Some of the farms and hilltop vistas are picture-perfect. Ahh, memories. Good luck with your new home!!

Old 05-27-2008, 05:10 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Congratulations!!! We want pics please of your land and the house building. Welcome Home!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:11 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Congratulations! You will be somewhat neighbors to my folks. Very nice area and know several people from that neck of the woods. Good folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol