Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 09:43 AM

290 posts, read 1,054,340 times

Advertisements

My parents have been living in Boones Creek since 1971. Their health have gone down hill over the years and my Father is confined to a wheelchair.

I was talking to my Mother on the phone recently (I live in Nashville) and she was telling me how nice and courteous people in Johnson City are to them when they go out to shop or eat. She said people always will hold the door open for my Father when going into or out of a store or restaurant. And, she said age doesn't matter. The people that help are in their teens all the way to the elderly. Some even help my Mother get the wheelchair out of their van.

Nashville is a friendly city. But, when I go home to visit my folks, the level of friendliness is greater in Johnson City. My wife asked me once why people wave at us when we are out walking around the neighborhood. (She is from South Dakota). She wondered if I knew all of those people. I said no, but this is Johnson City and people are just naturally friendly here.

So I just want to thank you for looking out after my folks! You are a great bunch of people!

Buzz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 02:24 AM

43 posts, read 142,556 times
Default buzzcam

that is so sweet a post.

i dont live there but maybe some day, a glowing review of the place!

good luck !
move back!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:44 PM

69 posts, read 254,213 times
Default Buzzcam - You're a so nice

I have to say that for you to thank an entire community for being kind to your aging parents says so much about what a great person you are. I want to thank you for expressing your thoughts & appreciating publically this wonderful Tri-cities area for being special & helpful. This is a fabulous community in which we live.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 PM

290 posts, read 1,054,340 times
Default Thanks for such nice comments

Thank you PeggyM and lauragizzi for your nice comments! You both made my day!

I feel The Tri-Cities Area is blessed to have such unique, caring people living there.

I have lived in that area several times, once in the 50's, once in 1963, in 1967-1968 and when my Father retired from the Air Force in 1971. Even though I moved away in 1982 to Nashville, I still consider Johnson City my home. My only complaint is I don't get home enough, but hope to change that this year as I have close to eight weeks of vacation.

I was concerned with the influx of new citizens over the past years, Johnson City would not be the same and loose its friendly nature. But, I think, Johnson City has actually improved and is very fortunate having so many from outside the area wanting to settle there.

I am getting close to retirement and would like to relocate back home to Johnson City!

Off topic, did you hear about the earthquake in Illinois this morning? It was felt in Nashville, although I didn't feel a thing. One of our local TV stations covered this earthquake like the epicenter was beneath Nashville. They must have talked to 20 people via phone and had them describe what the earthquake felt like. How many different ways can an earthquake be described other than saying "My House Shook!" We had no damage in MIddle Tennessee, but to watch this local newscast one would of thought Nashville was totally destroyed! I used to work for television stations, but am glad I don't anymore. I am a video editor at a production company here. (I did work for Channels 5 and 11 in the Tri-Cities in the 70s through 80s) This same station can make a light sprinkle of rain look like "The Perfect Storm".

Again, I very much appreciate your comments and I hope you both have a very wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,

Buzz aka BuzzCam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol