Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2007, 09:02 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times

Advertisements

The last week of September Hubby and I drove up to Watauga Dam, along the Watagua River and through a little area called Hunter where hubby lived for many years, it is a beautiful area I wanted to share with y'all so I took some pictures.

This is the valley in Hunter

This is a large field of what I believe was corn in the Hunter Valley

Then we came out of the Hunter Valley, following the Watauga River and started heading up to the Dam

The road to the dam was closed that day but we did go up to one of the over looks of the lake

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 09:29 AM

86 posts, read 302,995 times
Beautiful pictures MB... By the pictures, it looks like Hunter is an expensive place to live, is that true? Well it is beautiful there and hopefully I will be there soon. Keep the pictures coming..lol

Old 10-20-2007, 09:42 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingToGetOuttaAZ View Post
Beautiful pictures MB... By the pictures, it looks like Hunter is an expensive place to live, is that true? Well it is beautiful there and hopefully I will be there soon. Keep the pictures coming..lol
Interesting you asked that about being expensive. I did not know so I looked at Realtor.com and found only one house for sale anywhere near Hunter, and it is really more up Stony Creek way and it is only 39K for a little 3 bedroom and 1 acre. REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail

But now at the Watuaga Lake is a different story, in the town on Hampton which is right by the lake and a lot of folks there have water front or access the prices range from about 84k to 300k well there is a 6 bedroom mansion listed for 650k too hahahha, kinda all over the range. There are several mobiles listed for under 50k as well.
Hampton, TN Homes, Real Estate, Condominiums & More - REALTOR.com

Old 10-20-2007, 01:30 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Those were awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!

Are the schools in that area good? Are there certain areas to stay away from?

We're looking to leave Arizona. We have been looking at Texas, but have decided to broaden our search more. We're not "stuck" with any particular place, therefor our options are pretty open. We're now looking around Knoxville, Johnson City, and Memphis areas as well as the West Virginia area.

Again, thanks for the pics! What a glorious change of scenery from the desert!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Interesting you asked that about being expensive. I did not know so I looked at Realtor.com and found only one house for sale anywhere near Hunter, and it is really more up Stony Creek way and it is only 39K for a little 3 bedroom and 1 acre. REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail

But now at the Watuaga Lake is a different story, in the town on Hampton which is right by the lake and a lot of folks there have water front or access the prices range from about 84k to 300k well there is a 6 bedroom mansion listed for 650k too hahahha, kinda all over the range. There are several mobiles listed for under 50k as well.
Hampton, TN Homes, Real Estate, Condominiums & More - REALTOR.com

That is amazing....thank you so much for all of the information you post on this board...

Old 10-20-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Those were awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!

Are the schools in that area good? Are there certain areas to stay away from?

We're looking to leave Arizona. We have been looking at Texas, but have decided to broaden our search more. We're not "stuck" with any particular place, therefor our options are pretty open. We're now looking around Knoxville, Johnson City, and Memphis areas as well as the West Virginia area.

Again, thanks for the pics! What a glorious change of scenery from the desert!

Hi kawg, we are also from Arizona and looking to move to TN. I agree that the scenery in much better than the desert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol