Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 07:55 AM

4 posts, read 15,246 times

Advertisements

Hello. My husband and I are trying to sell our house in Indiana and move to KY. We are thinking the Richmond Kentucky area, we want to be close to our son and grand kids who live in Irvine, KY. We actually are small town/country folk but we know that for now we will have to settle most likely in Richmond. Rentals in a small town such as Irvine and in the country will be difficult to find at a moments notice when our house sells. So therefore our question is this..." Can anyone advise us of apartment complexes that we should stay clear of?" As we all know all cities have their shady/seedy areas. Us not being from there we sure could use some guidance. So if anyone could please help us with the good and bad apartment complexes we would appreciate it. We are looking for something around $700. or under for a 2 bedroom. We would eventually like to find a house for rent and take some time to find a place to buy. But we don't want to rush into it. Thanks Jeff and April

Last edited by jeffandapril; 09-26-2008 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:45 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
East Ridge Apartments are nice. It's on Jason Drive off Irvine Rd (Highway 52).

Old 09-27-2008, 07:36 AM

Thank you for your reply InLondon. Hopfully others will respond with more options, a small near by town with rentals would do also.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:22 AM

22 posts, read 80,837 times
I have lived in the Eastridge apartments and they are newly built and very nice. The utilities are included in the rent. When I lived there, a 2 bedroom apartment was 650, but again utilities are included. I built a house in Richmond after living there and now my husband's job is forcing us to sell our house to move to Bowling Green. We need to sell before June 2009. So that gives you another option.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:52 AM

Thank you haley06 for your reply. We are not wanting to rush into buying anything and when we do we are wanting something rural, but for now we are wanting to set up base camp so to speak in Richmond until we learn more about KY and good areas with good prices, not to far from Irvine cause that's where our son and grand kids are. I thank you for your input on the apt it is good to hear positive feed back about them just in case that's where we choose to go.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,992 times
Hager rentals own most all apartment complexes in the area, they are nice and cheap if you have good credit but don't do anything wrong. They have a friend in the courts and will sue you in a heartbeat. You can rent a very nice house from a private owner for $700 most apartments are $400-$600 due to all of the college students. I'd Stay away from anywhere near the Eastern Bypass near EKU campus if you like to sleep at night. State Route 52 runs from Richmond to Irvine, in the past I have seen a few decent private renters out that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky