Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:20 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,576,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I checked out the detailed profile on Corbin KY (City-Data) and it lists the following racial breakdown----------

Whites------------97.7 %
2 or more races----0.9 %
Hispanic-----------0.8%
American Indian---0.8 %

Are there no blacks whatsoever in Corbin KY ?

Corbin is very white. I see very few races other than white, there's quite a few people from India that live in Corbin however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 01:27 PM

As I've mentioned before on a post somewhere on this board.

The nicest areas of London include the Highway 192 (W. Laurel Rd) area, along with Highway 229 (Barbourville Rd) and East Highway 80 (E. Laurel Rd). Of course there's lots of other nice areas, but that's the more desirable areas.

The nicest areas of Corbin include Highway 1629 (Ohler Rd) and Highway 727 (5th Street Rd).

The above listed locations have been the fastest growing areas of each town. It's also where the more expensive homes can be found along with lots of middle class neighborhoods.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:58 PM

17 posts, read 35,940 times
InLondon, if I get my transfer to London, how is the housing market? I will be looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom apt., mobliehome or house.
I should know by the end of the week exactly where I will end up. Then it will be a mad dash to get there and find a place.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe

Old 07-14-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriejoe View Post
InLondon, if I get my transfer to London, how is the housing market? I will be looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom apt., mobliehome or house.
I should know by the end of the week exactly where I will end up. Then it will be a mad dash to get there and find a place.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe
Well you can get a nicer house here for less than what you get in Cleveland. There's new apartments scattered around town too, mainly near downtown and along Highway 192.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:29 AM

101 posts, read 285,892 times
Smile Manufactured homes in London or Corbin

I wrote last December because my husband and I are going to be relocating from Michigan to KY. I got a lot of helpful thoughts from this site. The problem is this... he has 2 more years until retirement, unless... he gets "bought out" at work. If that happens, we could be faced with leaving here soon.

We're looking for a book (possibly) that would list manufactured homes, already on land, in a halfway decent area in Corbin or London. I have followed a lot of your suggestions, even took a tour in the Google thingie. It helps a lot because you actually feel like you're driving down the streets!

We will have to take a drive down to KY when we're ready. Does anyone know of a decent motel we could stay at, maybe between Corbin and London? We'd have to stay a few days at a time to get info, possibly from real estate places or manufactured home dealers. The reason we'd like to have a manuf. home on our own land is that, in Michigan, our house is in a neighborhood with very little room between the neighbors. We'd sure like to have a little land in between and a manuf. home has a lot of bedrooms and bathrooms at a lot lower cost than a regular home.

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give us. I've gotten info from Clayton Homes, but it doesn't really tell me about possible Homes for sale by owner, already on land.

Thank you, in advance,
Cat

Last edited by cat48328; 07-14-2009 at 06:11 AM..

Old 11-02-2010, 12:27 PM

11 posts, read 22,531 times
Move to Corbin, It is a much niceer town with friendlier people and much larger than Lon.don

Old 11-02-2010, 12:31 PM

I would nevewr choose London because of all the snobbery, why, They are more uneducated than most. They are jealous it seems of Corbin because Corbin is larger , niceer and cleaner overall. LOok at all the trash and garbage coming into london up Hwy25 form North or South. You would regret moving to London is my guess, Too conservative as well.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKYONE View Post
I would nevewr choose London because of all the snobbery, why, They are more uneducated than most. They are jealous it seems of Corbin because Corbin is larger , niceer and cleaner overall. LOok at all the trash and garbage coming into london up Hwy25 form North or South. You would regret moving to London is my guess, Too conservative as well.
What? Sorry but your post is very untrue. Everyone in this area knows London is a nicer town than Corbin. Sure Corbin has more shopping but that's it. London has better restaurants and a smoking ban , nicer neighborhoods, new schools throughout the district, nicer downtown, etc.......

Old 11-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Default No white trash in Corbin unless it blew in from London.

Really, how could you malign a whole town!! IT is a great town, I looked up the demographics and see that the corbin zip has 28, 000 people , that must be three times the amount in the London Zip.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:05 PM

298 posts, read 596,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKYONE View Post
There must be another Corbin...Because you didn't describe the Corbin that I know.

Uneducated?...someone needs to learn to spell. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. Oh ya I forgot about the black thing.

Snobbery?...we all know who invented snobbery.

Trash?...You need to retest for your Drivers license particularly the vision part (that is if your old enough to drive). I hope I don't meet you on the road to London.

Jealous...Everyone knows Corbin is Whitley and Knox Counties step child (red headed that is). Corbin don't belong to anyone. No part of Corbin is in Laurel County and hell will probably freeze over before it will be. Corbin would love to be a part of Laurel County, they have tried several times. It's obvious to me who is jealous.

If CSX ever moves out, Corbin would cease to exist within Five years. It would be like the ghost towns you see on the westerns with the tumble weeds blowing down main street.

Someone has an underlying prejudice would be my guess. I'm just leveling up the playing field.

These days I think Conservative would be a plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky