Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 PM

5 posts, read 14,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I'm in the Shively/PRP area so we're close
See the south of louisville knows it were all family but the east enders wont give up that there southern will the. What a disgrace. Well yall will have to come to terms sooner or later. Cuz its in your blood face it. If anyone reads this and dont understand what im talkin bout dont worry its a louisville thing. maybe I shouldnt have brought it up we might end up in a forum brawl.................... Oh and missy mom your freekin awsome...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpb502 View Post
A lot of Kentucky is southern.

Louisville is a midwestern city in my opinion.
In form and structure, it appears midwestern, because it resembles other German-settled river cities. However, the Louisvillians will tell you they are Southern. You have to respect that.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:32 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrebel502 View Post
Oh and missy mom your freekin awsome...
Why thank you darlin'!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:33 AM

I have some positives rep to give you Timeless and Rebel, I just can't 'cause I have given y'all too many LOL

Old 04-25-2009, 12:18 PM

37 posts, read 84,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
In form and structure, it appears midwestern, because it resembles other German-settled river cities. However, the Louisvillians will tell you they are Southern. You have to respect that.
This is one native Louisvillian who will tell you she is not southerner. I consider Kentucky a central state and Louisville a midwestern city. And I've always referred to carbonated drinks as 'soft drinks' or 'soda'. Gets on my nerves, personally, when people say 'coke' for every drink.

Ah, Louisville, best city in the K-Y to me. If I couldn't live there, I'd live in Covington-cozy city. Anywhere but Lexington.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofLCardFan08 View Post
This is one native Louisvillian who will tell you she is not southerner. I consider Kentucky a central state and Louisville a midwestern city. And I've always referred to carbonated drinks as 'soft drinks' or 'soda'. Gets on my nerves, personally, when people say 'coke' for every drink.

Ah, Louisville, best city in the K-Y to me. If I couldn't live there, I'd live in Covington-cozy city. Anywhere but Lexington.
Where in Louisville are you from?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofLCardFan08 View Post

Were you born in Lousiville or are you a transplant? That usually makes a big difference.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Were you born in Lousiville or are you a transplant? That usually makes a big difference.
They say they are native but even still I say they are in the minority.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Where in Louisville are you from?
J-town

Old 04-26-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Born there. Lived there all my life until I moved to Bowling Green for college lasy August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky