Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 04:34 PM

29 posts, read 73,791 times

Advertisements

Moving to Paris Kentucky Area about 30 miles above Winchester. December time buying a horse farm. What is the weather like in the Winter time? Is it time worth spent in the Kentucky area? What is the best source for local news television & music radio stations? I lived in Ohio, Floirda, And currently North Carolina. I like the rule area of Paris, Kentucky. I been to Alaska at remote places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 05:18 PM

7,251 posts, read 7,091,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertBlockus View Post
Moving to Paris Kentucky Area about 30 miles above Winchester. December time buying a horse farm. What is the weather like in the Winter time?
Similar to Ohio, unless you are from North Ohio. Cold, windy, not much snow. Ice sometimes.

Quote:
Is it time worth spent in the Kentucky area?
Not sure what this means?

Quote:
What is the best source for local news television & music radio stations?
4 tv stations in Lexington: WLEX, WTVQ, WKTY and FOX56. I don't listen to much radio, but there are a few.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:02 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,811,140 times
Quote:
Moving to Paris Kentucky Area about 30 miles above Winchester. December time buying a horse farm. What is the weather like in the Winter time? Is it time worth spent in the Kentucky area? What is the best source for local news television & music radio stations? I lived in Ohio, Floirda, And currently North Carolina. I like the rule area of Paris, Kentucky. I been to Alaska at remote places.
This man's a model for how to compose a fluent paragraph.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:36 AM

29 posts, read 73,791 times
What are some of the best Shopping Malls to go to in Kentucky?

Old 10-22-2013, 07:24 AM

638 posts, read 1,283,079 times
I don't know about "best", but I live in SW Bourbon County(Paris) and am very close to Hamburg which is a shopping mall of sorts on the east side of Lex. The stores are all clustered together, so to speak, but they each have their own outside entrance. Ya gotta drive around from store to store. :/

Then there's Fayette Mall, Lex. Green, Victorian Square, and Turfland, But I haven't ventured to any of those as yet, since we moved here in March.

You will probably go to either Geo'town or Lex for shopping(read WALMART!) if you are way up north of the town of Paris. Winchester might be a bit far for you.

I listen to 96.9 and 98.1 for local flavor.

Welcome to Paris! You will love it!!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 AM

7,251 posts, read 7,091,171 times
Quote:
What are some of the best Shopping Malls to go to in Kentucky?
Fayette Mall is the big indoor mall in Lexington. Louisville has 2 more indoor malls: St. Matthews & Oxmoor. Florence has Florence mall.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:16 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,913,790 times
Paris is surrounded by beautiful, extremely expensive thoroughbred horse farms. I don't know what your budget is, or if you have previous experience in the horse business, but if cost is a consideration, you might do well to look a bit farther away - up US 68 (to the northeast) towards Millersburg and/or Carlisle - for less expensive land. It's hillier and not as "manicured" up that way, but certainly more affordable, though these towns are much smaller and lack some of Paris's amenities as a result.

There are plenty of "music" radio stations in the area, most of them FM. What are your musical tastes?

It's always a good idea to visit a place to which you are considering moving, particularly if you are unfamiliar with the area. Make a list of your questions, talk to everyone you meet, see if you can get a good realtor to show you around properties within your price range, check out taxes, cost of living, schools, and so on. You don't want to have a major move turn into a disaster because of unexpected issues, so do your homework and come check out Paris and the surrounding area. I'd suggest spending no less than three days, and preferably a full week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky