Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 12:31 AM

5 posts, read 18,700 times

Advertisements

I once upon a time could not wait til I was 18 so I could move away from Kentucky and all the poverty when I was young. Now that I am a mature and pretty old adult all I dream about is moving back. I miss being able to see my family on regular basis. I had a nice career living here in Georgia and traded it all in for a CDL (Commercial Drivers License) to improve my chances of landing a good paying job in Kentucky (as a truck driver).
I am looking at the move to be Feb/March 2008. I originally am from London, KY. I would like to move between the area's of London and Harlan, being that I have family in both town's.
I am interested in "local" truck driving jobs, log truck, coal truck, anything where I can get home daily no lower pay than 15 per hour to start. 18-20 an hour would be more desired with my driving experience.
Anyone on the forums a truck driver that can point me towards the light??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 7,237 times
I have a place for sale if you need one! It is a 2006 clayton home with a 28x28 garage in good area out of flood zone. The home is on block foundation and is spotless only wife and me live in it. 3 bed rooms 2 full baths (master bath is big with seperate tub and shower. Huge walk in closets plenty of storage all appliances stay curtains and blinds also. Asking 87000 but will work with someone if serious. for more info call 606-573-0044

Old 07-17-2007, 06:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times
I miss God's country. My grandmother who still is alive lives in Leslie County near Wooten and the fact she still alive proves that living off your land helps to live a longer life.

She lives deep in the heart of the mountains and I have taken friends with me on previous trips to show them the culture and prove to them you havent seen being out in the sticks til you go there.

Harlan is ok city interesting people but I love London better. If I was you I would look around Hazard this way you can be close to daniel boone parkway, and 119 and various trucking industries of the area and still be in Gods country.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:22 PM

3 posts, read 11,409 times
Default Re: Desire to move to Harlan .....

Why would anyone want to return to Harlan? I just don't understand it. There are no jobs there,...no entertainment at all....many people are on DRUGS.....there just isn't any LIFE at all there.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:10 PM

149 posts, read 764,600 times
Gene, not meaning to peee on yer parade but you're crazy thinkin you'll find hourly wages driving truck *anywhere* unless it's school bus or ice-cream truck parked at county fairs. Even dedicated short haul expediting and whatnot pays per trip. But you might have luck hooking up with coal dusters in/out of Ashland if yer lookin for daily work. Otherwise try SuperService based somewhere near London/Sommerset for OTR.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 7,523 times
Default Returning to Harlan

I was born in Crankscreek Ky, about 30 min from Harlan. I am retiring and moving back. The outdoors is the entertainment. I have lived in Ct. for the past 43 years and cannot wait to move back. Try living in Ct with our high taxes and house prices. Heck...I pay 5,000 per year just on taxes for my house. True that there are very few jobs there but I am retiring.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:57 AM

20 posts, read 120,723 times
There are alot of coal truck jobs in Middlesboro - and there are jobs at England (just outside of M'boro). Coal truck drivers either get paid by the load or hourly. If you need help - yelp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky