Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 PM

33 posts, read 48,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
You can keep playing the victim, and blaming everyone else for your situation, or you can do something about it. Not being on public assistance, I don't know what the ins or outs are, but I would imagine that the landlords are well within their rights to decide not to renew your lease. I think though, that the question you truly should be asking, is if you are in a position where you are unable to care for yourself, why you have decided to bring another person, an expensive one at that, into this world.
Excuse me for not being able to afford rent that's over a thousand a month. I guess I should just off myself. Lol, just kidding but dude lay off me seriously. This is not the post, this is not the post.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 PM

33 posts, read 48,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
WTH?! What is wrong with some people???? She asked for advice on her landlord situation, not to be scolded for the entirety of decisions made throughout her lifetime! I wouldn't even want to post here seeking help with some of these spiteful, absurd and totally non helpful responses. If you don't sympathize with her plight just zip it. Ridiculous.
What's wrong with whoever that poster is is that he sides with narcissistic criminals.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,984,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboogyy2012 View Post
Ummm excuse me. Your reply was uncalled for dear. I do work everyday, I guess I forgot to mention that, and I pay taxes. So I am contributing to someone else's assistance! I get rent assistance , big deal, alot of people do. This unexpected move will be a huge financial setback. It's no wonder with greedy, conniving people like her that people like me can't get ahead because all she and her running toilets did the whole time I was hear was suck me dry. Doesn't mean she has the right to treat my family this way. I have done nothing but paid my rent on time and she has collected thousands of dollars that she wanted nothing but profit on. If she didn't want to rent to me, she shouldn't have done it. And I would love to go.
I have a hard time believing you pay into the income tax system. You probably extract taxes and receive literal redistribution through refundable tax credits. You likely use an EBT (food stamps) account to purchase food, which you would not only not be paying sales tax, but are actually spending other people's taxes paid on food for yourself and your children. I could be wrong, but it's not hard to see what I've said is likely true. Again, you should ask if you can get out of your lease so you can part your ways with this landlord. Considering you're pregnant and the schedule of your due date, perhaps she will allow it. Go through Legal Aid if need be. If you can't get an appointment for a month out, make it anyway - otherwise you might find you've gotten nowhere in a month's time and regret not having made said appointment.

Quote:
Btw, there was nothing wrong with me stopping by her address. Right now I have no one to contact about this property. I don't have her number anymore, since they gave me the notice to that they aren't renewing, no one will talk to me. So who is irresponsible? If there is a flood, fire, or my furnace goes out, I have no one. And you talk to me like I am irresponsible. LOL, Obviously in this case the landlord is irresponsible!
You'll either see that it's inappropriate or you won't. I don't get how you don't understand that it is inappropriate or realize that's why your landlord reacted in such a way when you showed up. And yes, you were irresponsible in not retaining your landlord's contact info. Perhaps you'll think about this and learn from the experience, that way next time you don't have to make the same mistakes.

Quote:
Also since they have completely shutdown, they won't repair anything so this place will go into abatement with section 8, it's their choice and it's ignorant to treat people this way. I am a section 8 client but I deserve respect! You don't know my situation and I don't need to explain it to you. I make a pretty good salary and still need it because of the cost of living, and I work from home.

Also, I don't have to have their damn permission to move! There is a legal process I am taking, I can move whenever I want.
I don't know what you mean about whoever shutting down, but you would need permission, legally, to get out of a lease (move) without penalty. I'm confused by the legal process you're taking. I thought you said you can't afford a lawyer and have to wait a month or so for legal aid? Oh, and good salary? If that were the case, you would be able to afford a lawyer and wouldn't be on section 8. Get real with yourself. Anyway, if your total rent (regardless if you pay it) is over $1000 per month, even if you pay only half I think you could afford your OWN house and mortgage. Topeka, KCK, Eudora, Ottawa - inexpensive houses in decent areas abound. Further, if you wanted you could find cheaper rent, perhaps outside Lawrence, that you could afford without assistance, assuming you pay at least half of your rent. I'm not sure moving to an expensive place (Lawrence) is the most responsible thing for somebody financially struggling.

I remember you on here from when SRS was picking on you:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/kansa...ing-child.html

Last edited by MOKAN; 12-11-2012 at 03:26 AM..

Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,984,906 times

Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train - YouTube

Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,990,019 times
Over 1k a month, that's quite a bit. I don't know about Lawrence, but in Omaha one could find a nice apartment or house for rent for less than that amount. Likely one could also find a cheaper place in smaller towns around your area, if you work from home, that might be a better idea. I wouldn't call Legal Aid, I'd go there instead.

I read the other thread and that has nothing to do with the OP's current problem so I don't understand the point of reposting the link here. It's not relevant to this thread.

Last edited by todd00; 12-11-2012 at 06:06 AM..

Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,139,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I read the other thread and that has nothing to do with the OP's current problem so I don't understand the point of reposting the link here. It's not relevant to this thread.
It's relevant to the thread because it shows that she makes irresponsible decisions in life; which equates to wrong decisions with dealing with her landlord. She needs public assistance but is a single mother of three (by choice) and is bringing a fourth into her world.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 AM

1,018 posts, read 3,382,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
She needs public assistance but is a single mother of three (by choice) and is bringing a fourth into her world.
I dont mean to be rude, but this guy does have a point. and since the baby is coming, wheres the dad at? shouldnt he help deal with your rent situation? it is his baby soon, and that baby is going to be homeless.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,599,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
I dont mean to be rude, but this guy does have a point. and since the baby is coming, wheres the dad at? shouldnt he help deal with your rent situation? it is his baby soon, and that baby is going to be homeless.

I'm sensing a theme in the OP's decision making skills...

Old 12-11-2012, 10:22 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,139,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboogyy2012 View Post
I swear some people just don't get it. She broke the law yet people see fit to judge me because I'm getting rent assistance, get over it! Criminals get more respect than hardworking honest people.
I'm not sure if I understand where your landlord broke the law. The toilet wasn't unusable, it was just running water, which is inefficient. You choose to turn the water off to prevent another high water bill. That's on you, not her. Legally, she's not responsible to fix inefficient appliances and fixtures; only ones that are not usable.

Morally, yes, but that doesn't mean she broke the law.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I'm not sure if I understand where your landlord broke the law. The toilet wasn't unusable, it was just running water, which is inefficient. You choose to turn the water off to prevent another high water bill. That's on you, not her. Legally, she's not responsible to fix inefficient appliances and fixtures; only ones that are not usable.

Morally, yes, but that doesn't mean she broke the law.
Um, a CONSTANTLY RUNNING TOILET is broken. Of course the LL should have fixed it.

I agree with some other posts, e.g. I can't figure out why someone who needs public rental assistance is having another baby (would everyone please THINK before having babies they can't support?!!), but that's beside the point of the toilets not working properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas