Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2007, 10:06 PM

287 posts, read 503,050 times

Advertisements

Liberty MO was the first place I came across when I travelled down I-35 into
the KC metro. Since I was travelling in search of a place to relocate to, I decided to stop in Liberty and rent a place by the week. I have only been here for two days, and have already decided that I want to stay in the area. I am impressed with Liberty. Is Liberty considered a new growth area on the MO side? Are there are other new growth areas on the MO side? I want to stay on the MO side because I plan to go to Royal games this summer.
What other areas of KC on the MO side are new, or attractive and clean?
I am looking forward to your thoughts on Liberty, or other areas of the MO side that might be just as desirable. It doesn't have to be new new, just
nothing seedy, that's all. Older established neighborhoods are good as long
as I can find shopping near-by, for example. Being near a gym is also very important to me. I appreciate your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 10:59 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
The newer areas of growth on the Missouri side of the state line are mainly in the outer edges of the KC metro area.
Some of the towns with large growth will mainly be suburban areas. These would include Lee's Summit, Liberty, Kearney, Grain Valley, Belton, Blue Springs, Smithville, and Pleasant Hill.
Other older historical neighborhoods of interest will also be south of the Plaza area. Many of these homes are quite expensive with historical architecture and large lawns.
The growth in Liberty has been occuring mainly because of suburban growth and sprawl because the town is right near I-35 which means residents have direct access to KC. The town is well regarded and the schools are good as well. Also, Liberty is in Clay County and traveling to KCI airport does not take very long from that area. KCI Airport is located in Platte County which is west of the Liberty area.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 AM

356 posts, read 1,179,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
The newer areas of growth on the Missouri side of the state line are mainly in the outer edges of the KC metro area.
Some of the towns with large growth will mainly be suburban areas. These would include Lee's Summit, Liberty, Kearney, Grain Valley, Belton, Blue Springs, Smithville, and Pleasant Hill.
Other older historical neighborhoods of interest will also be south of the Plaza area. Many of these homes are quite expensive with historical architecture and large lawns.
The growth in Liberty has been occuring mainly because of suburban growth and sprawl because the town is right near I-35 which means residents have direct access to KC. The town is well regarded and the schools are good as well. Also, Liberty is in Clay County and traveling to KCI airport does not take very long from that area. KCI Airport is located in Platte County which is west of the Liberty area.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:37 PM

75 posts, read 353,298 times
Lee's Summit and Blue Springs both would defianlty be worth your time in checking either of these 2 cities out! Both have growth, shopping, great schools and great highway access. Both w/in about 15 minutes of The Royals! GO ROYALS!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:11 PM

thanks! I was in Independence and worked out at a 24 Hour Fitness. The guys there were really cool, and let me work out for free since I wasn't yet able to get a membership (need to first figure out where I am going to live before I sign up). I am still in Liberty, but there was something about Independence that I really liked, a certain energy that is lacking up here
in Liberty. Are there any bike trails in the Kansas City area? I have not
heard of any. In other cities, they really promote their bike trails. Is is
possible that KC doesn't have much for bike trails? Des Moines
for example has bike trails all over the place mainly through natural areas.
Is there anything like that in the KC area? Honestly, even though bike trails are a very appealing factor for me, I would stay in KC, regardless. I really get the sense that KC is a family oriented place. Everywhere I look I see families, and happy people. Thanks again.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:15 PM

592 posts, read 2,134,082 times
I'd at least check out Lee's Summitt.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:09 AM

I am going to Lee's Summit/Independence tomorrow to see if I can recapture the energy I first felt when coming here less than a week ago. Liberty is nice,
but it is lacking something, imo. I think the Phillies are playing in town this weekend. The Royals played them tonight at home so they will likely be here for the weekend. Any suggestions for going to a Royals game?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:42 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
Are you buying a house or renting? Do you care about the school systems?

If you care about the school systems, Lee's Summit or Blue Springs is the way to go. The housing is also more expensive to purchase. If you don't have kids or care about the school system, Independence might be more what you are looking for. Housing is cheaper and you are a bit closer in and really only a couple miles from the Royals stadium.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Are you buying a house or renting? Do you care about the school systems?

If you care about the school systems, Lee's Summit or Blue Springs is the way to go. The housing is also more expensive to purchase. If you don't have kids or care about the school system, Independence might be more what you are looking for. Housing is cheaper and you are a bit closer in and really only a couple miles from the Royals stadium.
Thanks for the insight, yes I do plan to buy a house, and no I do not have children. I am single. It seems that Lee's Summit has better access to
recreation areas. I wrote down a few areas which I plan to explore today:
Lakewood Lakes has a 7 mile bike trail. Longview Lake has a 12 mile trail.
I am not sure if there is a bike trail, but Little Blue Trace seems to be a natural area along the Little Blue River. Maybe Lee's Summit isn't technically where these areas are located, I am not sure. But living in LS would put me closer to them.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM

592 posts, read 2,134,082 times
I used to date a girl that lived in Liberty. The place, for being so close to KC, was full of urban cowboys!

Did you enjoy the Royals game? Usually good for a good time.

I'd go for Lee's Summit mostly because it puts you nearer other recreational opportunities in MO. (Lake of the Ozarks and all the floating rivers, etc...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City