Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:09 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,529,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoKC View Post
The Marlins has won two world series in the past 15 years. SO I don't understand you are questioning why they don't have many fans from Missouri! Like myself.
Dude, it was a joke. (I'm largely a Cleveland fan - You know, the team the Marlins beat in the series in '97?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 PM

404 posts, read 596,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Dude, it was a joke. (I'm largely a Cleveland fan - You know, the team the Marlins beat in the series in '97?)
Sorry man I didn't pick up the sarcasm. And I most definitely do remember that world series. I used to be a kind of Cleveland fan back when they had Manny, Thome, Alomar, and Vizquel though! So they were my two favorite teams during that World Series anyway. Like I say I am a Royals fan nowadays.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,529,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoKC View Post
Like I say I am a Royals fan nowadays.
Someone's gotta be. Reminds me, I need to head south and catch a few games this year. I didn't make a single game last year.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKC View Post
More diehards because there is a local team, but an NBA exhibition game between two out of town teams drew more people than any regular season T-Bones game ever has.

Are there really even diehards of the T-Bones? Its pretty crummy minor league ball - which isn't to say it isn't fun to go out there, but you really go out there because its cheap entertainment, they have wacky fun stuff surrounding the game and its baseball. I don't think anyone really lives or dies with the success or failure of the team. I doubt many people could even name a player. I'm a diehard baseball fan and I certainly can't name anyone on the team.
Funny, this pretty much describes my relationship with the Royals, as well. Except that I can name a couple of the players. But I go for the atmosphere and the fun outing, not because I care about or follow the team or players' record. For what it's worth, I also enjoy the T-Bones and could tell you absolutely nothing about their players or their record.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:42 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,916,987 times
Well, I think the Royals might be grouped with the Marlins now on a national scale. It's not really fair, but the Royals have been bad for a long time.

Having said that, I'm surprised how often I see somebody with a KC Royals or Chiefs hat/shirt whatever. I would say about once a week I see somebody sporting KC's logos out here.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 AM

476 posts, read 1,317,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Funny, this pretty much describes my relationship with the Royals, as well. Except that I can name a couple of the players. But I go for the atmosphere and the fun outing, not because I care about or follow the team or players' record. For what it's worth, I also enjoy the T-Bones and could tell you absolutely nothing about their players or their record.
And for a lot of people as well. But there are also a sizeable contingent of diehard Royals fans, including myself, that take their wins and losses to heart. I wish I didn't care, but I can't help it.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:14 PM

Royals fans are a sleeping giant. I still think KC is much more of a baseball tow than football and attendance last year at Arrowhead might just prove that.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKC View Post
And for a lot of people as well. But there are also a sizeable contingent of diehard Royals fans, including myself, that take their wins and losses to heart. I wish I didn't care, but I can't help it.
I'm sure it helps that I didn't grow up with them. Although I did grow up with the Cubs, and feel much the same way about them, so go figure. It's probably more that I'm simply not so much a fan of specific baseball teams as I am a fan of attending baseball in general. It's more an atmosphere thing, for me. I have as much fun at community college softball games as I do MLB.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:27 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,701,279 times
If Kansas City actually ends up getting an NHL from either relocation or expansion sometime in the future, what would you like for them to be called? I am sure you guys can come up with a name only unique to Kansas City

Old 06-18-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
If Kansas City actually ends up getting an NHL from either relocation or expansion sometime in the future, what would you like for them to be called? I am sure you guys can come up with a name only unique to Kansas City
I don't think anybody cares about naming a fictitious team. But how about the Scouts (NHL) and the Kings (NBA) .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City