Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 PM

19 posts, read 70,405 times

Advertisements

Being a single male in my late 30's in KC is a nightmare. I don't do the bars and simply waiting for 'fate' or 'chance' is ridiculous. So many people think that church is a great place to meet someone, but having been a member of a couple of large churches over the past 4 yrs, that's a whole lot easier said than done. Sooo, I'm looking to put myself in a church home that has a great singles ministry for women of substance and quality who are single and looking to find a man. I live on the Plaza and would like to find a church that has a great singles ministry or at least a focus on bringing single people together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 05:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
What kind of Christian church?

There's a nice Unitarian Universalist church off the Plaza with a nice, diverse collection of congregants, but some don't include UU in their concept of "Christian" churches. When we lived on the Plaza, we worshipped there on occasion, and also Guardian Angels, a Catholic church on Westport Road. We also attended Immanuel Lutheran a time or two, which is not too far from there.

Personally, though, finding a church "for singles" is more likely to backfire on you...most faith communities aren't that focused on being meetingplaces for singles...it works out better if you just find a nice place you feel comfortable and meet other people there, versus actively looking for a place that's "good for singles." Truth be known, I don't think I'd actually feel comfortable with a church that had an ACTIVE FOCUS on bringing single people together. It's church...community is part of the package, but it's not a dating service. I'd be leery of a church that prioritized that concept in their mission, personally.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:18 PM

Thank you for your input. I'm primarily looking for a bible believing church that is non denominational. I agree that I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place with the focus on singles and churches being an introduction service. However, where would Jesus bless a union between a man and a woman more so than meeting in His house and starting a relationship that's founded with the greatest bond of all...His Word?
I know that the purpose of church is to fellowship and give honor, glory and thanks to God, but at the same time, I'm going an extra step and hoping to meet a really wonderful girl with values and substance at the same time. Being in my late 30's and having gone down every wrong road with the wrong girls has left me searching more diligently at a time in my life when most quality girls have already been taken. I really want to focus on just simply putting myself in healthier God centered environments for finding a great girl.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 AM

476 posts, read 1,315,553 times
I've heard equallyyoked.com is a pretty decent place to meet Christian singles.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:01 PM

448 posts, read 1,458,095 times
Interesting. Being African-American I find that many African-American churches do have single ministries that provide opportunities for singles to mix and mingle.

I have a friend who is an active member of Unity Temple on the Plaza and I don't know what the have for singles, but I know they have lots of ministry and opportunites for Christian growth. I found this about their women's worth ministry. Looks like they are working with ladies on knowing thier own value. Unity Temple on The Plaza

Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKC View Post
I've heard equallyyoked.com is a pretty decent place to meet Christian singles.
Thank you I'll check it out tonite.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by famusdarlin View Post
Interesting. Being African-American I find that many African-American churches do have single ministries that provide opportunities for singles to mix and mingle.

I have a friend who is an active member of Unity Temple on the Plaza and I don't know what the have for singles, but I know they have lots of ministry and opportunites for Christian growth. I found this about their women's worth ministry. Looks like they are working with ladies on knowing thier own value. Unity Temple on The Plaza
Thank you for replying. I believe I might have found what I'm looking for with a church called Jacobs Well just a block off of Westport Rd. I did look at Unity Temples website, but I didn't gather that they had a strong focus on the Bible. I know Unity is very diverse and offers several different services.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:05 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I've known people who speak highly of Jacob's Well, but I've never been there, myself.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 9,285 times
Did you find the church you were looking for? I love Revolution Church in Westport - have you tried it? [url=http://www.kcrevolution.org/]revolution church, Kansas city[/url] I would make it my church home but I'm moving north of the river.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 8,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm207 View Post
Being a single male in my late 30's in KC is a nightmare. I don't do the bars and simply waiting for 'fate' or 'chance' is ridiculous. So many people think that church is a great place to meet someone, but having been a member of a couple of large churches over the past 4 yrs, that's a whole lot easier said than done. Sooo, I'm looking to put myself in a church home that has a great singles ministry for women of substance and quality who are single and looking to find a man. I live on the Plaza and would like to find a church that has a great singles ministry or at least a focus on bringing single people together.

You can go to International house of prayer in south KC there are lost of spirit filled christian women 30ish there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City