Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 11:47 AM

18 posts, read 65,705 times

Advertisements

hi
i am saudi girl and i am going to study at usa next month
i have 2 choices:
firist one at liberty missouri , the other one at san antonio texas

i do not know which is the better city

i have many quistions about liberty
how long is it from liberty to kansas city?
is it there metro between them?

if u have any advice for me i will be glad

i want to say that i have nver been at usa before

thank u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,865,367 times
Liberty is a small town, but it is a suburb of Kansas City. There is no countryside between the two, and there is no public transportation to amount to much from Liberty to Kansas City. Kansas City is a big, sprawling city, and Liberty is adjacent to some of it, but there is a 15-20 minute drive from Liberty to downtown Kansas City.
I've lived in the area for a while, and I've lived near San Antonio for a short period when I was younger. I like Kansas City better, personally, but everybody has different opinions about that.
Liberty is a really nice, safe town.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:00 PM

thank you northbound74

i do not drive , so is that will make my transportation difficult?

Old 12-27-2008, 01:02 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,540,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monodose View Post
thank you northbound74

i do not drive , so is that will make my transportation difficult?
what school are you going to? What is in Liberty? Maplewoods?

Not knowing where the school is in San Antonio, Im going to assume it is in the city. I think it would be much easier without a car there than in Liberty. Liberty is an outer suburb of Kansas City. I just don't associate suburbs as being easy to get around with without a car. I think of Downtown areas being that way. Maybe Im wrong though as I have never used any public transportation around KC.

I think it takes around 20 minutes or so to get from Liberty to Downtown Kansas City. This would of course be longer during peak driving hours though.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:19 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times
Yea, what northbound74 said, although, Liberty is much more of a suburb than a small town in my opinion.

It's actually one of the closest nice suburbs to Downtown KCMO. Most people think Liberty is far away, but it's much closer to the city than Blue Springs, Lee's Summit, Belton, Overland Park, Shawnee, Olathe etc. I-35 to the NE is just not as built up as most other suburban corridors in the metro.

The only transit in Liberty is rush hour commuter buses.

Liberty is part of the Kansas City Metro which is actually larger and has more people than San Antonio.

San Antonio's transit is worse than KC's, but if you live in the urban core of San Antonio, you would probably have decent bus service, just like you would if you lived in the urban core of KC.
Chances are you will have friends that can help you get around or you can call cab once in a while.

I like the KC area better than San Antonio, but San Antonio is nice too.

It just depends on how independence you plan to be. Where will you go to school?

San Antonio is a large city, like KCMO that includes many suburban areas, so even if you actually stayed in the city of San Antonio, chances are good you will still be in a very suburban area, like Liberty, where there will be little transit. Most of San Antonio's suburbs are in the city limits of San Antonio.

So find out what part of San Antonio you might be going to so you can do a more fair comparison.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:49 PM

thank you bls5555 and kcmo
i am really grateful of you

i am going to study at The Language Company in liberty or University of Texas at San antonio

Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monodose View Post
thank you bls5555 and kcmo
i am really grateful of you

i am going to study at The Language Company in liberty or University of Texas at San antonio
Well, those are both in very suburban areas.

But the University of Texas at SA will be a much larger school and probably have at least some transit options.

It looks like the settings will be similar, you won't really be "in the city" in either KC or SA.

So I would think about if you want to attend a larger university or a smaller college where you might get a lot more personal attention. For example, in Liberty, you will probably have much smaller class sizes.

Weather would also be a factor. It gets cold in KC. But downtown Liberty is probably much easier to get around without a car than suburban San Antonio and a massive University campus.

I guess it's up to you

Good luck.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:16 PM

thank u kcmo

ur points give me a clear vision about the situation at the two cities

Old 12-29-2008, 11:50 AM

80 posts, read 247,443 times
Never been to San Antone.....but I've been to Liberty, MO!!

Liberty is a nice city. Good schools there (if you've got kids), from what I recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City