Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 07:19 PM

29 posts, read 42,718 times

Advertisements

I am confirmed on a job promotion to KC. We do not anticipate being there until 2020. Few Questions for now.

My daughter is level 4 competitive gymnastics. Anyone in the gymnastics world here who can recommend some gyms for the sport?

School districts will also be a driver for us when house hunting. We've been advised Tiffany Springs and thus Park Hill School district is very good. Also we have acquaintances in the Lees Summit and Olathe and Overland Park areas.

We would be interested to hear your thoughts on top school districts. We are currently in the DC Metro area.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 09:07 PM

264 posts, read 250,645 times
They're all great schools. I graduated from Park Hill High School (North). Honestly, I think that school declined a bit as the enrollment has been increasing but it's still a good school though I think Park Hill South would be an overall better pick. There is a gym called "Edge" in Riverside that I pass by frequently. I don't how "good" it is but I think you might want to look into it.

You will always hear that Blue Valley School District is the best and you'll come to that conclusion based on research. But you should look at everything holistically so it would be nice to know your budget, where you will work, traffic tolerance, etc.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:15 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times
Congrats on the promo! DC to KC will be an interesting move - one of our frequent contributors went the other direction and will undoubtedly have some good advice.

I have no idea if it would be competitive enough, but one of my kids did (youth - 8 and 9 year old type stuff) gymnastics at Eagle in Martin City... I have seen some older (teen) girls there who can do some serious flipping and tumbling.

Schools are a famously touchy subject on this board, but there are a lot of good ones. A lot will depend on your personal preferences. My kids go to Blue Valley and it seems okay to me. They have enrichment opportunities for the more driven kids and the average kids seem to be treated pretty well also.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:13 PM

6,817 posts, read 11,548,200 times
As far as gymnastics goes, the GAGE Center (Great American Gymnastics Express) in Blue Springs. Coach Al Fong is nationally known.

If you’d give us a general location of where you’ll be working, and what your housing budget is, we will all chime in on our preferred neighborhoods.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:29 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Congrats, KC is a neat town, you will like it.

What part of DC are you coming from and what part of KC will you be working in?

All the districts you mentioned will be good, along with several others.

I would second what Okey Dokie said. I don't know much about Gymnastics, but the GAGE Center is Blue Springs is a pretty big deal. I know some Olympic participants have trained there.

Blue Springs schools are good, so that would put you close to GAGE. Lee's Summit would be pretty close to GAGE as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: