Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:42 PM

20,996 posts, read 9,704,356 times

Advertisements

Now that Jason Kander has declared himself a candidate, I suppose he's the front runner. Maybe.

Not sure he's the type of person I'd want for mayor, however. For a job like mayor I usually want a nerdy urban-issues type of person ... the kind of guy/gal who would be more comfortable talking about zoning codes and sidewalk improvement plans than someone who's mostly talked about state and national-type issues like gun rights or state insurance premiums. Kander seems much more to be the latter.

Don't know much about any of the other candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 12:01 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,838,162 times
I'm cool with him, though a lot of my peer group seem to feel that he's stolen some other candidates' thunder. There is an interesting roster of candidates, but Kander throwing his hat in the ring is, IMO, a definite game-changer.

I'm just an observer, though, as I no longer live on the side of State Line where I have a horse in the race.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:36 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,058,058 times
Kander can raise money like no other candidate in the race, and that alone will set him apart from the field. Quinton Lucas will be his main opponent, I think.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:35 PM

Kander has bowed out to deal with his PTSD and depression brought about by his time serving in Afghanistan.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...219371115.html

Old 10-02-2018, 05:33 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,425,089 times
Hope he gets the help he needs.

13 months away. A lot can happen between now and then.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:12 AM

654 posts, read 640,609 times
Maybe this opens the door for the Funk to come back and serve a second term.....JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING!!!

Old 04-02-2019, 04:24 PM

I refused to vote for Steve Miller. If he became mayor I would constantly get Steve Miller Band songs going through my head.

I actually like the Steve Miller Band, but I still don't want their song going through my head all the time.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:13 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,572,380 times
I actually like the Steve Miller Band, but I still don't want their song going through my head all the time.

And ya know what's funny, I look at that as a term of endearment, if a song keeps going through my head. For just one example of many, many other rock group examples, take The Tragically Hip of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Gordon Downie's songwriting and singing connected so much with me, that I constantly have Tragically Hip songs running through my head a lot of the time. The Beatles would do that with me, probably the first band that did that to me, as did Canada's Guess Who. And Britain's Foghat also had that effect on me.

But, alas, I agree, I do not want any Steve Miller band tunes constantly running through my head!

Old 04-02-2019, 08:03 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,058,058 times
It looks like Jolie Justus and Quinton Lucas will be in the runoff this summer. Both are taking around 22% of the vote with most precincts reporting.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
And ya know what's funny, I look at that as a term of endearment, if a song keeps going through my head. For just one example of many, many other rock group examples, take The Tragically Hip of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Gordon Downie's songwriting and singing connected so much with me, that I constantly have Tragically Hip songs running through my head a lot of the time. The Beatles would do that with me, probably the first band that did that to me, as did Canada's Guess Who. And Britain's Foghat also had that effect on me.

But, alas, I agree, I do not want any Steve Miller band tunes constantly running through my head!
Well it looks like I got my wish, thankfully.

For me, songs going through my head too much get really annoying, even if it's a song I like. And I was pretty sure if we had a mayor named Steve Miller, I'd get Jet Airliner or some other Steve Miller Band song going through my head every time I read about the mayor in the news somewhere, and it would drive me nuts after a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City