Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,234 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My family and I are relocating to the Kansas City metro after receiving and accepting a position in the area. We have been looking for areas to live in and are actively considering the Lees Summit and Blue Springs area due to the school districts. Our Daughter is in the fourth grade and we are wanting to make sure that the school is excellent. We are going to rent the first year so we can make sure that we buy a house in a good area. One thing that I have noticed is that rent in Lees Summit is pretty high although the purchase prices are not too bad. Through our research we see the ratings for the elementary schools go from 6 up to 10 (out of 10). I have been told that all of the Lees Summit schools are excellent but I wanted to reach out to this forum to confirm. We want to make sure that we dont switch schools so we want to make sure that we rent where we plan to purchase. Ideally we would like to be by the longview lake area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, would it be best to move over to the Blue Springs area?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 04:52 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times
Blue Springs and Lee's Summit are both fine. Blue Springs is more modest and Lee's Summit has more upper bracket homes but you can find any home price in either city. Lee's Summit has more nice apartments (the eastern suburbs in general lack apartments compared to other parts of metro like JoCo and Northland). Both have good schools. The main advantage of Blue Springs is it's a little cheaper than Lee's Summit, but it can also be a longer commute depending on where you are working. You will be near lakes no matter where you live in the Lee's Summit and Blue Springs area, but if you want to be near Longview Lake, I would look into New Longview Farms. It's a neat new urbanism mixed use development and I'm sure you can find a nice apartment or rental home there.

https://goo.gl/maps/tpiG3EN31x62

Looks like they just built a new theater there:

http://link2leessummit.com/newslink/...ew-development

Old 09-04-2017, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,234 times
Thank you very much for the information and advice KCMO.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:09 PM

3 posts, read 5,033 times
Let me know if you need a referral to a great real estate agent in that area. Would be glad to be a resource.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City