Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2016, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 5,224 times

Advertisements

ill be in kansas city kansas some time in july and need help in what to do and see in kansas city kansas. i know i can google it but would rather hear from people who have visited or live there. plus whats the best places to eat that is popular with locals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 11:59 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Boulevard brewing Co. and Westport are not in Kansas but they are so close to the state line its not out of the way. Everything else is in the Western Part of the City (Westgate) Wyandotte county lake is nice also.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:56 PM

404 posts, read 457,296 times
There is nothing in Kansas City Kansas. Everything worth seeing is in Kansas City Missouri. Why are you trying to stay on the Kansas side. Most stuff in KC is only minutes from Kansas.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:14 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Boulevard brewing Co. and Westport are not in Kansas but they are so close to the state line its not out of the way. Everything else is in the Western Part of the City (Westgate) Wyandotte county lake is nice also.
Village West not west gate, also the race track and soccer field

Old 06-10-2016, 10:47 PM

290 posts, read 346,813 times
Strawberry Hill is quite interesting and provides a nice view of Kansas City, MO. Central Avenue has some interesting Mexican restaurants, such as El Torito. Other than that, you have all the greenfield development in Western Wyandotte County, such as the Kansas Speedway, Sporting Park and so on.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:15 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times
Come on people. The OP does not mean what they say in their post. Nobody comes come to KC to see attractions only in KCK. Even though KCK does have a few attractions, it just doesn't make sense. The OP obviously is meaning Kansas City, not KCK. Maybe they are staying on the Kansas side and they think they are two separate metros. If you want to see KC, you have to go to KCMO. Nobody goes to Philly and stays in Jersey the entire time (although Camden has more to do downtown than KCK does).

Anyway, the question is too vague to even answer without knowing more about what they are interested in, but this thread it a good place to start:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/kansa...ad-if-you.html

Old 06-13-2016, 10:36 PM

767 posts, read 1,323,448 times
There is the marble factory in Bonner Springs https://www.moonmarble.com/ If you're into that kind of stuff Cabelas has a nice store in KCK with a large fish tank and a nice collection of taxodermied animals there that is in my opnion better than the two Bass Pro stores in the metro. I've never really looked up attractions in Wyandotte County so I don't know what else it has to offer. There used to be a dead mall that drew a few retail historians in from all over the country, but it's in the process of being demolished last I heard.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:05 PM

29 posts, read 33,500 times
I live in KCK and am not sure why you would come just to see the Kansas side. If you want to stay extremely far from the city and see nothing, there's the Legends shopping mall complex.
In KCK itself, there's some nice Mexican restaurants in Armourdale, Argentine, and riverview-ish area, . I've heard a lot about Strawberry hill being a cool neighborhood and remember hearing some friends going to a lot of diy punk shows in that area.

There's actually a lot of good restaurants in KCK, that's probably the biggest thing going for it. Joe's bbq is technically in KCK, in Rosedale. Also Rosedale BBQ, Woodyard bbq. Although all the really famous BBQ places are in Missouri, so if you came all the way here for bbq, you might check those out too before you leave.
It's a very large Hispanic population so there are many good Mexican restaurants, probably too many to name.

there's a very good military surplus store in Argentine called Mickey's surplus.

Unlike most cities in the country downtown KCK is actually one of the more dangerous areas and doesn't have anything of interest to visitors other than a decent view of KCMO it's mostly municipal government buildings so I wouldn't really recommend it as a destination although I spend quite a bit of time in that area and have never really been in danger, so if you want to see downtown KCK for some reason you'll probably be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: