Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 09:19 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times

Advertisements

I am posting them here because several cities in the metro made the list. Some of the places they call "cities" I would call towns, but whatever.

It only lists 15 cities for Kansas, and 7 of those are in Johnson County and one in Leavenworth County. Leawood, Prairie Village, Lenexa, Shawnee, Olathe, Overland Park, Gardner and Lansing were in the top 15.

For Missouri it lists 50 cities. Raymore, Lee's Summit, Liberty, Harrisonville, Blue Springs, Gladstone and Belton were in the top 50.

The Safest Cities in Kansas in 2016 | Free Public, Criminal, Arrest, Marriage, Divorce and Birth Records from BackgroundChecks.org

The Safest Cities in Missouri in 2016 | Free Public, Criminal, Arrest, Marriage, Divorce and Birth Records from BackgroundChecks.org

Old 06-08-2016, 02:59 PM

767 posts, read 1,321,703 times
Liberal, Salina, and Emporia are some of the not so fantastic places if you want to avoid crime in the smaller towns of Kansas...

Old 06-08-2016, 06:45 PM

404 posts, read 456,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I am posting them here because several cities in the metro made the list. Some of the places they call "cities" I would call towns, but whatever.

It only lists 15 cities for Kansas, and 7 of those are in Johnson County and one in Leavenworth County. Leawood, Prairie Village, Lenexa, Shawnee, Olathe, Overland Park, Gardner and Lansing were in the top 15.

For Missouri it lists 50 cities. Raymore, Lee's Summit, Liberty, Harrisonville, Blue Springs, Gladstone and Belton were in the top 50.

The Safest Cities in Kansas in 2016 | Free Public, Criminal, Arrest, Marriage, Divorce and Birth Records from BackgroundChecks.org

The Safest Cities in Missouri in 2016 | Free Public, Criminal, Arrest, Marriage, Divorce and Birth Records from BackgroundChecks.org
So you are basically saying that Kansas is not very safe outside JO County?

Old 06-08-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
So you are basically saying that Kansas is not very safe outside JO County?
No. If you are trying to make that assertion based on these statistics, it would also mean most of Missouri isn't safe. You do understand that naming some cities the safest doesn't necessarily mean all the other cities are unsafe, right? Didn't think that needed to be explained to anyone. But then, I think we know you are being purposely obtuse. You can't say anything nice; you have to challenge anything to shows Johnson County in a good light.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:27 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,461,764 times
Quote:
No. If you are trying to make that assertion based on these statistics, it would also mean most of Missouri isn't safe. You do understand that naming some cities the safest doesn't necessarily mean all the other cities are unsafe, right? Didn't think that needed to be explained to anyone. But then, I think we know you are being purposely obtuse. You can't say anything nice; you have to challenge anything to shows Johnson County in a good light.
Well, you didn't say what point you were trying to make. So people will make assumptions to fill in that gap.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
Well, you didn't say what point you were trying to make. So people will make assumptions to fill in that gap.
I wasn't trying to make any point. I was simply showing that several cities in our area are considered the safest in Kansas and Missouri. But some people (not talking about you) can't refrain from making snide comments anytime there is something positive about Johnson County. He wasn't making assumptions; he was just trying to post something negative about Kansas.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:38 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,461,764 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to make any point. I was simply showing that several cities in our area are considered the safest in Kansas and Missouri. But some people (not talking about you) can't refrain from making snide comments anytime there is something positive about Johnson County. He wasn't making assumptions; he was just trying to post something negative about Kansas.
Everyone always has a point. If you don't have a point, your post is pointless. Are you saying your post was pointless? ;-)

If you're saying that several cities in the KC Metro are the safest in Kansas and Missouri, then you're making a comparison. It's just not clear exactly who's getting compared to whom. That's why it's easy for other people to fill in the blanks.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
Everyone always has a point. If you don't have a point, your post is pointless. Are you saying your post was pointless? ;-)

If you're saying that several cities in the KC Metro are the safest in Kansas and Missouri, then you're making a comparison. It's just not clear exactly who's getting compared to whom. That's why it's easy for other people to fill in the blanks.
Never mind. It's pointless to even try to have a conversation with people here. I might as well ask for the thread to be deleted.

Last edited by luzianne; 06-09-2016 at 01:50 PM..

Old 06-09-2016, 01:53 PM

396 posts, read 998,512 times
Seemed pretty obvious that she was posting a positive thread about the entire KC metro. But, I guess that's just the way i filled in the gap.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:15 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
Seemed pretty obvious that she was posting a positive thread about the entire KC metro. But, I guess that's just the way i filled in the gap.
Somehow, I missed the "gap" altogether.

But I, too, saw it as a positive thread about the whole metro. I guess we're both funny that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City