Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2016, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 708 times

Advertisements

I recently graduated from the University of Iowa and will be moving to Kansas City with a roommate. I have done quite a bit of research and am interested in the Plaza, Westport, Crossroads and River Market areas. I was wondering if anyone has any specific suggestions on apartments to live in or rental companies to go through. Our budget is 1800. We are both females 22 years old and want to be walking distance to happy hour locations and other night life options along with coffee shops and things of that nature. Any suggestions help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 10:03 PM

127 posts, read 132,137 times
you just said that you want to live in the rivermarket.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:47 PM

172 posts, read 154,255 times
All of those locations are great areas for renting at 22. Personally, I would choose Westport if you're looking for more nightlife, though coffee shops are less prevalent. It also happens to be a highly walkable area.

The only other factor is where you're going to work. If you're going to work downtown, I'd instead target Crossroads or River Market.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:13 PM

709 posts, read 1,493,232 times
At your budget, you should have a good number of options. Any of those locations could be a possibility. Have you been to KC before, or will you have the chance to visit? I would say to check out all of those districts, as they each have their own vibe, and see which one fits you best.

I don't really have any specific suggestions for rental companies, as I think most people might have better luck on their own. If you decide you want to be Downtown, Crossroads, River Market - you might want to check with Boveri Realty as they specialize in those areas.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:46 AM

5 posts, read 4,438 times
Westport. There are a few places there, but demand is high and inventory is low.

Kelly's bar in w-port is an iowa stronghold.... Grrrrr. ��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: