Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,385 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, after reading several posts on here regarding where to live in town (thanks for all the information) I've decided the plaza/westport area is probably the best place for me, preferably closer to the plaza. I was wondering if anyone had any specific apartments they could recommend? Although I'll take price into consideration, its not a large factor. I'm more concerned with having a secure building, young professional neighborhood, and a secure garage/parking garage is a must. Other than that, I'm just looking for one of the nicer places to live. Any specific complexes or a place to start looking would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,805,985 times
A garage will limit options as many apt buildings that have them went condo. Check City Place off Westport. Fountain View just to E of Plaza has garage but I hear units have thin walls. There are a few other apt buildings but can't recall which, some off W Plaza have at least offstreet parking or garage direct to unit. Also might check into renting a condo from individual owner, there are many directly around Plaza with garage and several with doorman.

Check this site for District click on Plaza or Westport/Midtown..
Residential for Rent-Properties- Boveri Realty Group

A lot more on craigslist.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,385 times
Yeah i was afraid of that, I'm just not comfortable leaving my truck on the street. Those two places look nice. Does anyone recall the names of any other apartments which may be worth checking out?

Old 02-04-2013, 08:26 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,464,049 times
City Place has a gated entrance I believe with a guard at the front

Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 PM

14 posts, read 20,376 times
I went through this process a few months back. If you haven't already, check out some of the awesome advice I got from the great people on this forum:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/kansa...here-live.html

Let me add some more commentary since I've been here a few months. I'm a young professional and been enjoying Westport a lot. I've been out to some bars/restaurants there. I ended up finding an amazing place in Union Hill, quiet and secure, but one day might move to Westport. Just love the vibe there.

One note on City Place in Westport, I felt they are asking for prices that might be in alignment when the neighborhood continue to improve and grow. The property is nice, but couldn't justify the price for value offered. Overvalued for sure at the moment IMO.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 PM

14 posts, read 20,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
City Place has a gated entrance I believe with a guard at the front
City Place does not employ a guard or gate. It is open, just FYI.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM

40 posts, read 70,244 times
City Place is open, but Fountain View at the Plaza is gated. Both are equally priced, and both offer garage coverage.

Another option might be 45 Madison - again, it's a bit pricier, but the location is prime and I know it offers garage parking.

Edit: Another less costly option would be Dunleith Towers. They sit right on the Plaza. The apartments aren't as nice, but they are teeming with young professionals since they are a little less costly. Also, I believe they offer garage parking. The only drawback of those apartments for me was the fact there is no in-unit laundry.

Last edited by stevman22889; 04-09-2013 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: added information

Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 PM

109 posts, read 308,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Bound View Post
City Place does not employ a guard or gate. It is open, just FYI.
City Place has optional gated parking garages which are under the apartment buildings. But the entire complex is not gated. As mentioned by someone else, I feel like City Place is overpriced. It appeals to young professionals who just got that first job out of college and want to party in Westport. They are happy to pour their new money into an apartment.

How do I know this? I used to be one.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:21 PM

109 posts, read 308,246 times
I lived in Fountain View as well. My truck got broken into while it was parked...smashed the driver's-side window. Parking on the street isn't the best in Westport OR the Plaza area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: