Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,708 times

Advertisements

I just turned 19 and I am thinking of moving out on my own . Looking for a nice apartment in urban kansas city, mo. Looking for a safe area and place that allows pets I have a cat and beagle that I hope to keep with me, one bedroom or studio, and hopefully a washer & dryer in unit. My price range is up to 700 or 750 a month plus power, water, cable, and gas.

Thank you for any ideas. Ashley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 06:15 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,469,425 times
I would look at the West Plaza area, 39th Street West/Volker, and Union Hill.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:36 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,665,302 times
The areas brewcrew mentioned are great bets, I'd also add the Volker neighborhood near KU Med. If anything, I think it'll be the W/D in unit that proves the most difficult to find in older buildings you'll likely be looking at.

Not sure what your income situation is like, but there are income-restricted apartments available in many of the downtown buildings. You can't be a student and you can't make much a year, but it'd be worth looking into!

Old 01-05-2011, 05:57 PM

28 posts, read 114,331 times
Try Ellis Real Estate. My apartment in Westport allows pets, has a washer/dryer, and is less that $600/month. Some will argue that Westport is unsafe, but I live on a main street and there are secure entrances. I believe they also have properties around the W. 39th Street Area which is fun and urban.

Also the Rivermarket is pet friendly and seemingly safe. To me it seems like a bit of an older (not old, but young professionals) crowd.

I second West Plaza. You're close, (obviously) to the Plaza and to Westport, but has more of a neighborhood feel than either of those places to me.

Look in the South Plaza area too. It's often overlooked, but there are some great apartments over there and in your price range.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:33 PM

4 posts, read 5,363 times
Bennington Ridge Apartments impressed me, on all of the aspects mentioned. I found them on rent.com and was pleasantly surprised by the amenities for the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: