Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 09:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,490 times

Advertisements

I interviewed for a postion last Wednesday and they said they would make their decision by Friday and let me know early next week (which is now this week). Normally I am very patient with these kinds of things, but I am starting to get annoyed with the process and think it's rude when a company says they will get back to you at a certain date and it ends up being much later. This happened with the last 3 positions I applied for, and I was not picked for any.

I had a great feeling after this interview and the interviewer even said I was "in great shape" but they still had one more person to interview. It is an internship, but pays well and is in my field. I would feel horrible if as a college grad now in grad school I couldn't even get an internship. I have everything they wanted and more, and I got a feeling the interview went really well.

Anyway, I guess I am just wondering what the protocol is when it comes to getting in touch with them. It makes the job search difficult because I want to move forward but I also really want to know if I have this job before I do.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 AM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_m_l View Post
I interviewed for a postion last Wednesday and they said they would make their decision by Friday and let me know early next week (which is now this week). Normally I am very patient with these kinds of things, but I am starting to get annoyed with the process and think it's rude when a company says they will get back to you at a certain date and it ends up being much later. This happened with the last 3 positions I applied for, and I was not picked for any.

I had a great feeling after this interview and the interviewer even said I was "in great shape" but they still had one more person to interview. It is an internship, but pays well and is in my field. I would feel horrible if as a college grad now in grad school I couldn't even get an internship. I have everything they wanted and more, and I got a feeling the interview went really well.

Anyway, I guess I am just wondering what the protocol is when it comes to getting in touch with them. It makes the job search difficult because I want to move forward but I also really want to know if I have this job before I do.

Thanks!
Technically, it is still "early" this week. I would wait it out today and if you haven't heard anything by nearing close of business tomorrow, email or call.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times
Just email or call. Don't worry about it. It only shows that you are interested.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:20 AM

12,110 posts, read 23,308,373 times
Since they told you that they would contact you next week, they are not "late" unless they fail to contact you by the close of business on Friday

Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,400,194 times
I agree that they are not really late until the end of this week. "Early" this week is M-W

Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,872 times
i think the longer it takes to get a response after an interview, the more likely you are not getting the job

Old 08-16-2012, 04:16 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,677,934 times
I would call. It certainly shouldn't hurt your chances. Can you imagine working for someone who was going to hire you but decided not to just because you called to ask about the hiring decision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search